Sharing Internet

I have two computers both on a residential network:

1. Pentium 4 using Windows XP Professional

2. Pentium 3 using Windows ME

On the first one I have a modem and a dial-up connection that the #2 also uses. Now I'm going to buy an ISDN modem and won't going to use the old dial-up connection anymore :) . I can only install it on the 2nd computer, because the 1st is new and if I open it I will loose its warranty. Is there any way to share this new connection only using the Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) or will I need any other 3rd party software?(if yes what do you recommend?)

yes, you can do this via WinME's built in ICS. I assume since you have a lan already set up, that you know how to do what I'm about to say, if not ask and I'll explain in more detail :)

First what you need to do is turn off ICS on the XP box then set the lan IP (the network card) to 192.168.0.2 with subnet of 255.255.255.0 | DNS of 192.168.0.1 and gateway of 192.168.0.1.

The reason for doing that step is because ME doesn't have a dchp server.

Now, on the ME box, set the network IP to 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 and leave dns and gateway empty. Then install the ICS on ME, tell it you want to share the ISDN modem, it might ask if you want to make a disk that will set up other computers automatically, say no since it wouldn't work with XP anyway :p

That should do it. :)