"Horrible Bosses" 2 is happening

d95664a3965a22b0405fe513b1fb539f.png

THR broke the news today that Bateman, Day and Sudeikis are now all set to reprise their roles in the sequel, with Jamie Foxx in talks to reprise his role as the man who mentored them in the art of boss disposal. In the original film Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell and Kevin Spacey played the titular bosses, only one of whom perished. For the sake of those who haven?t seen the flick, we won?t reveal who it was here, but rest assured THR does make note of it.

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who penned the original, worked on a draft of the sequel?s script earlier this year, with Gordon signing on as director once again to boot. With New Line eying a late August production start, one assumes they?re happy with what Daley and Goldstein delivered.

http://collider.com/jason-bateman-jason-sudeikis-charlie-day-horrible-bosses-2/

I liked the film but it is one of those films that doesn't really need a sequel.

It is like The Hangover. Film that did well, so they make a sequel of a film that doesn't really need one.

Anyway, anything with Dayman in is worth watching.

• Like 2

Watched it the first time and hated it.. watched it again (thanks movie channels) and loved it lol.. ive seen it about 5 times now..

• 7 months later...

1383921141.jpg

Chris Pine and Christoph Waltz Join Returning Stars Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey for this Sequel to the Hit Comedy ?Horrible Bosses?

BURBANK, Calif.? Filming has begun in Los Angeles on New Line Cinema?s ?Horrible Bosses 2,? directed by Sean Anders (?Sex Drive?). The follow-up to the 2011 hit comedy ?Horrible Bosses? reunites stars Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis as everyone?s favorite working stiffs Nick, Dale and Kurt. Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey also reprise their starring roles, while Chris Pine and Christoph Waltz star as new adversaries standing between the guys and their dreams of success.

Fed up with answering to higher-ups, Nick, Dale and Kurt decide to become their own bosses by launching their own business in ?Horrible Bosses 2.? But a slick investor soon pulls the rug out from under them. Outplayed and desperate, and with no legal recourse, the three would-be entrepreneurs hatch a misguided plan to kidnap the investor?s adult son and ransom him to regain control of their company.

Sean Anders directs from a screenplay by Anders & John Morris (?We?re the Millers?), and by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (?Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2?), who also served as writers on the first film. ?Horrible Bosses 2? is being produced by Brett Ratner, Jay Stern, John Morris, John Rickard and Chris Bender, with Diana Pokorny and John Cheng serving as executive producers.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Julio Macat (?Pitch Perfect?), production designer Clayton Hartley (?We?re the Millers?), editor Eric Kissack (?The Dictator?) and costume designer Carol Ramsey (?Identity Thief?).

?Horrible Bosses 2? is a New Line Cinema presentation of a RatPac Entertainment/Benderspink production. The film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

I enjoyed the first one, and unlike The Hangover it looks like they're trying to progress with the story rather than just rehash the first film. I'll check it out.

I'll watch it though just to see what Jennifer Aniston is going to say or do. :)

Heh, I read that Jennifer Aniston was returning and thought, "well at least there is one thing I can look forward to, even if the rest of the film is a disaster." :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love Jason Bateman, Jason Bateman and especially Charlie Day, but for some reason the first movie didn't impress me that much. I'm hoping Charlie Day gets a chance to help with writing, the man is a comedic genius!

The film was okay, but it was so ridiculous. My favourite part was the office part near the beginning. If the entire movie was like that scene I would have thought it was a better film. :p

In fact.. I'll just watch Office Space again.  :laugh:

This whole thing reminds of the journalist that asked Drew Goddard if The Cabin in the Woods would have a sequel.

Why? The first movie was fine. Go do something else instead of driving it into the ground like The Hangover.

• Like 1

Jason Sudeikis and J. Aniston were great in We're the millers movie, very funny so I can see them staying paired up lately in some comedy movies.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched it the first time and hated it.. watched it again (thanks movie channels) and loved it lol.. ive seen it about 5 times now..

Funnily enough i started watching the first and switched it off because it bored me, the sequel looks fun i may have another go at the first hopefully i'll love it too. The cast is great i'm not sure why i didn't like it.

• 4 weeks later...