Windows 7 SE?

Desktops are never going away. Desktops are much easier to upgrade and are more powerful than laptops and tablets! Desktops are a lot better to game on and do work for hours also!

Technically, my Surface is more powerful than my desktop is.

yeah no.

if anything the metro side of things will integrate deeper into the desktop for keyboard and mouse. not the other way around

Until the mouse goes away.

Until the mouse goes away.

which isn't going to be for a good long while yet

we have yet to find a good replacement that is as if not more precise (touch definitely isn't it)

This is getting a little off topic now. Microsoft need to add the ability to put a background image in the metro and logon screen in Windows 8! The flat bland color is like when Windows is in safe mode!

This is getting a little off topic now. Microsoft need to add the ability to put a background image in the metro and logon screen in Windows 8! The flat bland color is like when Windows is in safe mode!

Do you spend much time looking at the background?

I would like Microsoft to add a background option so then I can put the Windows 7 logon background in it! Windows 8 is not horrendous, but it needs a lot of work!

The point you're making: You have either an old or low-end desktop computer.

I run a high end computer, but the hardware is 6+ years old.

I run a high end computer, but the hardware is 6+ years old.

You know exactly what lctb51 meant, yet you're trying to make some random point about your Surface being faster than a 6-year-old desktop computer.

You know exactly what lctb51 meant, yet you're trying to make some random point about your Surface being faster than some 6-year-old desktop computer.

... Because it is. I still have hard drives on my desktop.