Child ate used condom at McDonald

CHICAGO ? A lawsuit against McDonald?s alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain?s Chicago restaurants.

The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.

The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.

The suit accuses McDonald?s of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.

McDonald?s said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that ?providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority.?

The woman?s attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.

source

Better question is why werent the parents watching what the kids were doing?

Have you ever seen a McDonald's play area? You can't exactly see in the raised, opaque tubes.

Have you ever seen a McDonald's play area? You can't exactly see in the raised, opaque tubes.

Always someone else's responsibility. Such a horribly poor excuse. With a 2 and 3 year old running around, not seeing or hearing them for longer than 20 seconds means they're up to no good. So yes, it's the parents fault.

How did she know it was used after the child had it in their mouth and coughed up a piece? cough-bull manure-cough

At what point will Mickey D's get rid of these cesspool's of low breed human's dumb sites. It's just a matter of time. I remember when my daughter was little and I took her to MD's and we sat in the Children's enclosed play area. She took her shoes off to climb the disgusting, germ infested plastic tube. When she came out and went to put her shoes back on.

Some Inbred freak had stole them !

I find it more disturbing that BOTH children required medical attention over 1 USED CONDOM! Why does the word "Swapping" come to mind.

I find it more disturbing that BOTH children required medical attention over 1 USED CONDOM! Why does the word "Swapping" come to mind.

STD's hello?

Always someone else's responsibility. Such a horribly poor excuse. With a 2 and 3 year old running around, not seeing or hearing them for longer than 20 seconds means they're up to no good. So yes, it's the parents fault.

Partially agree. While I think parents should be responsible, I also think companies which provide amenities or equipment have a responsibility to make sure they are clean and safe. Parents can't be watching a child literally every waking moment and it lets private companies off of the hook when they are guilty of negligence to suggest parents can or should.

If the kid picked up a syringe and pricked himself would you still blame the parent? What if the child hurt himself of poorly maintained play equipment? Would you argue the parent should have inspected every piece of equipment before allowing a child to use it? Entirely absurd.

If this isn't some sort of scam or con, then the family has every right to sue and hold the company responsible. You'd do exactly the same in their position.

That's a terrible thing to have happened but how is it McDonald's fault? They can't be responsible for every little bit of trash.

Actually, they are responsible for keeping their restaurants clean. And this is hardly a regular piece of trash, it is a prophylactic.

When I saw the title, I thought I was about to read that it was mistaken for cheese in the burger or something. This shouldn't be sue-able. Also, yuk.

STD's hello?

Only one allegedly ate it. Are you thinking that they are sexually active?

Somehow I don't imagine 2 and 3 year olds bumping uglies.

Why didn't they DNA test the 'semen' to track down whodunit ... ?

Because there isn't a national DNA database. DNA testing probably wouldn't reveal the culprit.

Only one allegedly ate it. Are you thinking that they are sexually active?

I think he meant that the condom/semen could have an STD or STI (infection) on it and the kid would become infected.

STD's hello?

I'm not saying it's disturbing they got treated, i'm saying it's disturbing BOTH children played with it and one put it in their mouth.

Because there isn't a national DNA database. DNA testing probably wouldn't reveal the culprit.

I think he meant that the condom/semen could have an STD or STI (infection) on it and the kid would become infected.

Right, but if only one kid ate it, why did both have to be treated?

Right, but if only one kid ate it, why did both have to be treated?

Umm idk, to make sure the other kid didn't also pick it up and put it in his mouth? Kids have a tendancy to do stuff like that. It seems with something like this, being thorough would be prudent.

Umm idk, to make sure the other kid didn't also pick it up and put it in his mouth? Kids have a tendancy to do stuff like that. It seems with something like this, being thorough would be prudent.

So...swapping like warwagon said.

:x