Connecting two routers with WPS

Ah, got ya, then yes, use this m8, it'll be a great box, has fantastic wireless coverage and a brilliant little firewall and whatnot built into it.

And if your so inclined it supports lots of different dynamic dns sites so you can setup a nice bit of remote access if you want to do that, personally I have mine setup that way so I can not only access my router remotely but also wake my PC up at home and then use either RDP or Teamviewer to hop onto it.

I've got the same setup except use a Linksys WRT160NL running DD-WRT

If you unlock the Openreach modem you can disable QoS and gain an extra 1meg upload speed

how do i do this?

Edit: found out, as far as i know they are doing the 4 port modems now which are already unlocked, but will check when it appears with the techy on Monday

If its not al keep that page handy :)

:) - I had to call tech out a few weeks back for the only time i've had a problem with Infinity which turned out to be at the exchange not the house, but I was wondering if he would notice I'd unlocked the modem when he did his tests, but happily he didn't, he didn't even care that I'd pulled the sticker off the normally unused LAN port 2 which you gain access to once you unlock it

Nor that the HH3.0 was in a bag on the desk and my own router in its place :)

lol cool

always been just the sky router i have used so been a long time since i fiddled with this stuff

i only get 8meg on ADSL and been told to expect 40mb up and 10mb down as the cabinet is about 10 metres from my house lol

Having the routers talk to each other via WiFi, you want to bridge the network over the wifi link and most routers (I'd imagine) don't support that in their default firmware.

And if you want broadcast traffic and such to work you'll need to run repeating stuff on each router, normally that stuff (like DHCP) doesn't cross the network barrier.

You are correct broadcast does not leave a broadcast domain, and dhcp being broadcast your right it would not cross over network segments without a relay. But in this setup there is still only 1 broadcast domain. Bridge client is that a Bridge it will pass the traffic be unicast, multicast or broadcast.

His setup would work if his router he wanted to use to connect to his main router supported it - but unless he flashes it with 3rd party I agree with you most native firmware does not support this sort of feature.

And I wouldn't suggest it unless there is NO possible way to run a wire - for example you wanted to join the networks with the house across the street - then ok this sort of setup makes sense. But in a home - run a wire! Or use homeplugs if you don't want to do the wire part or its a rental and they wont let you, etc.

lol cool

always been just the sky router i have used so been a long time since i fiddled with this stuff

i only get 8meg on ADSL and been told to expect 40mb up and 10mb down as the cabinet is about 10 metres from my house lol

Yea you should get full whack, my cab is at the other end of the street about 100m away and I get 75/17 (76/18 is its maximum possible speed)

(EDIT - You mean 40dn and 10up :p )

lmao yeah sorry

would be mightly ****ed off if it was the way i said lol

lmao yeah sorry

would be mightly ****ed off if it was the way i said lol

haha, you'd have to turn the router upside down :D

Can't you get Infinity 2.0 for the same price? We had normal Infinity and when 2.0 arrived we just had to sign a new 24 month contract and we got the upgraded speed for the same price

Get powerline adapters. We have them throughout the house and they help in situations like this. Saves messing around with routers and they work faster than wireless.

haha, you'd have to turn the router upside down :D

Can't you get Infinity 2.0 for the same price? We had normal Infinity and when 2.0 arrived we just had to sign a new 24 month contract and we got the upgraded speed for the same price

Nah with sky its ?10 more a month, wifes on maternity leave just now so money is tight enough lol, once shes back though will add it on

Get powerline adapters. We have them throughout the house and they help in situations like this. Saves messing around with routers and they work faster than wireless.

Dependant on your internal wiring lol, my house is about 100 years old :)

Nah with sky its ?10 more a month, wifes on maternity leave just now so money is tight enough lol, once shes back though will add it on

With Sky?

You are correct broadcast does not leave a broadcast domain, and dhcp being broadcast your right it would not cross over network segments without a relay. But in this setup there is still only 1 broadcast domain. Bridge client is that a Bridge it will pass the traffic be unicast, multicast or broadcast.

His setup would work if his router he wanted to use to connect to his main router supported it - but unless he flashes it with 3rd party I agree with you most native firmware does not support this sort of feature.

And I wouldn't suggest it unless there is NO possible way to run a wire - for example you wanted to join the networks with the house across the street - then ok this sort of setup makes sense. But in a home - run a wire! Or use homeplugs if you don't want to do the wire part or its a rental and they wont let you, etc.

It's funny, I used the word bridged by accident, but that's the method I was actually looking at for my network (Before I just ran a cable, 54Mbps to 1Gbps (Y))

I am not good with putting thoughts into text :laugh: