Tonight Show Jay Leno is out, Jimmy Fallon is in?

Jay Leno is out at "The Tonight Show" and Jimmy Fallon is in, according to The New York Times' Bill Carter, who also reports today the show is coming back to New York City, after coming to you from sunny Burbank California for the past 40 years.

"The idea that Jimmy was getting the show was kind of out there because Jay has got one contract that he's working on, he's 62, so there was ... an expectation he would be leaving soon," said Carter.

"What is really surprising is the move back to New York," adds the Times journalist. "There are a lot of reasons for it, I think they all feel the energy of New York helps Fallon."

The move to New York may make it difficult to book guests, but Carter says the late night talent will lure those Hollywood stars to the east coast.

But will Leno really leave this time? There is no deal for the timetable of the transition, just "an understanding," says Carter, who adds that Leno has a contract that goes until fall of 2014.

more

I do not watch either of them. The rumor is that Craig Ferguson will get Lettermans spot when he retires. I want him to get it and do not at the same time. If he gets it he might have to tone down his show . I like ferguson over fallon.

NBC/Comcast should know that Fallon will not work in leno's time slot, he's too college age oriented like Conan was... and we saw how Conan worked in leno's time slot..... ironically Conan is doing pretty well over at TBS in a similar time slot... older people are watching leno, you need an older minded comedian like carson and leno where for that slot

i like fallon's show and current format. if it means that it would change because he'd be hosting "the tonight show" then i'm hoping it never happens

Haven't we been through this before? :D

Yep and we all saw how that ended :rofl:

Could Jimmy Fallon really go the same way as Conan, and end up on basic cable after less than a year hosting

the Tonight Show? Are the bosses at NBC really prepared to make that mistake a record third time?

NBC/Comcast should know that Fallon will not work in leno's time slot, he's too college age oriented like Conan was... and we saw how Conan worked in leno's time slot..... ironically Conan is doing pretty well over at TBS in a similar time slot... older people are watching leno, you need an older minded comedian like carson and leno where for that slot

leno actually has more younger viewers than fallon has.

Could Jimmy Fallon really go the same way as Conan, and end up on basic cable after less than a year hosting

the Tonight Show? Are the bosses at NBC really prepared to make that mistake a record third time?

I seriously hope not but this is NBC we are talking about.