Keyboard for 1.Typing 2.typing 3.gaming

From what I can see, the Logitech Wave is a rubber dome keyboard. Apple's keyboards might do the trick but they lack a numerical pad. If you were interested in going mechanical you could get a linear switch like the MX Blacks and a set of O-Rings or landing pads. Something like that might deaden the sound enough for you. The MX Reds might be too light, causing you to "bottom out" more, so the MX Blacks with the stiffer spring might be a solution. If you'd like to drop lots of money on a single board there's a quiet variant of the HHKB out there. Oh, and Matias now has the Silent Pro as well. According to their marketing, those are also pretty quiet.

This forum post seems to suggest the QuickFire Rapid is a CoStar-built board, which would mean it originates from the same factories as Filcos (if I'm not mistaken). The other boards in the CMStorm range are iOne-produced. For some reason iOne has this comparatively poor reputation. I know they had problems with the Scorpius M10 a few years ago, but it seems that if you get a bad rap with mechanical keyboard enthusiasts it'll take ages to be forgotten about.

Arright, thanks. I don't know when I'll feel like spending the money but I have minor ear damage so all noise annoys me (unless I wanted to hear it in the first place, anyway. :p )

Arright, thanks. I don't know when I'll feel like spending the money but I have minor ear damage so all noise annoys me.

I'm not going to promise you that those boards are going to be quieter, but the Apple ones might be worth a look into. They're scissor switches, but they also have very low travel for the keys so they might not make too much noise. I'm used to noisy keyboards though (I've woken people in my house up with my typing before :p ) so I don't notice them as much. If you're looking to spend very little money on a fairly quiet board, the HP KU-0316 might be worth a shout. It's that black and silver one which seems to be everywhere now. My school uses them, and for like ?10 you could do much worse.

Hopefully you'll find something that works well with your ear damage. That must suck man. Sorry to hear it, too. :(

Hopefully you'll find something that works well with your ear damage. That must suck man. Sorry to hear it, too. :(

haha it's really not that bad honestly, I just don't like to push my luck

(plus I'm usually up pretty late)

I'm not going to promise you that those boards are going to be quieter, but the Apple ones might be worth a look into. They're scissor switches, but they also have very low travel for the keys so they might not make too much noise. I'm used to noisy keyboards though (I've woken people in my house up with my typing before :p ) so I don't notice them as much. If you're looking to spend very little money on a fairly quiet board, the HP KU-0316 might be worth a shout. It's that black and silver one which seems to be everywhere now. My school uses them, and for like ?10 you could do much worse.

I got it home now with the wrist pad, and it works like a charm, i am used to the Stiffness of my logitech wave, but this is pretty light on the touch.. But i like it, and i think i will grow to like it even more.. I also upgraded my mouse to a mionix naos 8200, and i love it, i hade the intellimouse 3.0 and didnt want to change, but it broke and i saw this, and it works like a charm.

Anyways, thanks for the help with the keyboard, it was very helpful :)

• Like 1

I got it home now with the wrist pad, and it works like a charm, i am used to the Stiffness of my logitech wave, but this is pretty light on the touch.. But i like it, and i think i will grow to like it even more.. I also upgraded my mouse to a mionix naos 8200, and i love it, i hade the intellimouse 3.0 and didnt want to change, but it broke and i saw this, and it works like a charm.

Anyways, thanks for the help with the keyboard, it was very helpful :)

Nice man! If you want an excuse to do some more typing on it, you can submit a review in the Member Review section. Typing on it will be addictive, and if your review is awesome it could even end up on the front page of Neowin.net! Have fun with your new board. Treat it well, etc. and you'll get years of life out if without a bother. :)