$3,700 - NES controller-shaped coffee table...which can play games

NhZmS2l.jpg

vxwVSSp.jpg

from the site:

Nintendo NES controller coffee table. Made from maple, mahogany and walnut with dovetail joinery and mid century modern legs.

42? (~1m) length x 18.25? (~46.5cm) width x 18? (~46cm) height

Pretty cool looking table (although those legs look kind of cheap/70's-ish). It has a retractable cord which you can connect to a NES and play games (NES and games not included).

Somehow, I imagine playing games would be rather difficult.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96827992/nintendo-controller-coffee-table-maple

For $3700 it should come with the Nes built in.

I think maple, mahogany and walnut are pretty expensive woods, so that probably explains the costs.

How's the NES playing on that modern TV? Didn't it require an analogue cable? not digital?

Wasn't it an RF adaptor?

XEOqwBo.jpg

That is what I remember on my NES when I was a youngin' :p

How's the NES playing on that modern TV? Didn't it require an analogue cable? not digital?

Probably has an RF Modulator that'll go from RF to Composite AV. :p

Doesn't it create input lag when you add too many adaptors/converters on? *press jump ...Mario jumps on screen*

I think maple, mahogany and walnut are pretty expensive woods, so that probably explains the costs.

Your telling me they can`t throw in a $50-$100 system from ebay? **** if your going to charge $3700, why not charge $3800 and be done with it.

Not to mention theres a cheaper non-functioning one, so why not just have the more expensive include the Nes?

Your telling me they can`t throw in a $50-$100 system from ebay? **** if your going to charge $3700, why not charge $3800 and be done with it.

Not to mention theres a cheaper non-functioning one, so why not just have the more expensive include the Nes?

Email them and ask. How do I know? It might be a warranty issue.

Probably has an RF Modulator that'll go from RF to Composite AV. :p

The NES had composite video and mono audio ports on the side of it. I think pretty much all TVs still have composite inputs.

Edit: Maybe they didn't ALL have composite. I found some pictures where it looks like there is a blank panel where those connectors were, but at least some models definitely came with composite outputs.

They probably figure if you're a big enough NES nerd to buy a $3700 NES controller table, you probably already have 5 NESes, haha.

My NES (~1988) had composite video output as well as RF adapter. If there were web polls back then I could see one poll being 'Channel 2 or channel 3?' (Or was it 3 and 4? I can't remember.)

They don't include a built in NES because they're not allowed the sell them, pretty obvious when you think about it, outside of all the warranty issues and such.