Cell Phone Upgrade Question?

Hi All

Currently have a Windows Phone 7 with At&t, thinking of maybe going to Sprint soon, Contract Ends on 4/17/2013 With At&t, So if I decided to goto Sprint, do I try to get the newer phone before at&t contract end date or after it?

Thinking of Going Android possibly this time

I wouldn't recommend going with sprint if you do anything that requires data to any moderate degree. Cause if you're not in one of the places where their 'network vision' upgrades have been done, then their "3g" data is almost always near uselessly slow if you try to use it at any time other than like 12am-6am.

Well I use phone currently for Listening to music, voice calls at times, gaming on it, as well as checking email, (plan on getting Secondlife Android app for the new phone) so can I do things in there via the phone at times, I do believe Secondlife uses a lot of data as far as I know on that. Sometimes browsing the web during day on current one off and on. I suppose I could stay with at&t, and upgrade to either Android or Windows 8 phone I suppose, I guess i'll spend some time thinking and deciding for now