How did they have the current-gen console graphics look roughly the same as BF3 with only 2GB install for BF4?? Also, MP is showing all servers empty, even with all filters removed and the game is fully updated??

1st is for the UK.

If you use VPNs etc you can play it in a released timezone.

SimpleCDKeys told me today my key will be with me today... not seen it yet though...

Ahh right i'll just wait then.

Played a little bit of the campaign last night before bed. It looked AMAZING. Ran it at 1080p on Ultra settings. There were a few slight dips in frame rate, so I'll have to tweak that a bit; can't have frame dips in multiplayer.

Picked up my PC copy today and will hopefully get an hour in tonight.  Excited to see how this beast looks on Ultra.

Also, to anybody with a newer Nvidia card, be sure to grab the latest driver that came out yesterday.  Looks like they put some nice improvements in there for BF4.

Also, to anybody with a newer Nvidia card, be sure to grab the latest driver that came out yesterday.  Looks like they put some nice improvements in there for BF4.

You know, I did, and it runs Battlefield 4 great. However, it has killed my performance in Team Fortress 2 :(. No idea why. It's as if the model animations in the game have been greatly reduced, giving the impression that I have a low frame rate, despite rendering about 300 fps.

You know, I did, and it runs Battlefield 4 great. However, it has killed my performance in Team Fortress 2 :(. No idea why. It's as if the model animations in the game have been greatly reduced, giving the impression that I have a low frame rate, despite rendering about 300 fps.

Oh wow, that's not good.  I'll have to see if that also happens to me tonight.

Wow so first impression... RPGpalooza... It's like everyone is running around as an engie just shooting RPG at every vehicle, some how they are still locking on.. cause I am seeing RPGs turn corners. And the reload time is wicked fast. I have yet to see one revive in the game, or a medic pack or ammo pack on the ground. Actually I can't say I have seen one support class yet. All engies and snipers. I'm like rank 4 at this point.

The RPG's now have a slight homing effect. If you shoot an RPG and its very "close" to hitting, it will home and hit the target. This only happens if you were very close to hitting it in the first place though, they can't home from long distance or anything.

I'd try playing some engineer yourself though, then you will see its not really that easy to kill tanks with RPG's in this game, even though they added the slight homing effect, the damage is nerfed (and there's no longer extra damage for hitting certain parts of the vehicle, it does 21 damage no matter what). It takes a lot of rockets to kill a single tank or APC. Even hitting a little-bird chopper with an RPG barely does anything.

I haven't seen many medics, but I have seen support classes.

I'd also try to avoid "instant vehicle spawn" servers (which are unfortunately always very popular with battlefield server admins :p), when vehicles can insta-spawn it ruins the balance of the game and kind of forces everyone to play engineer to not get raped by vehicles.

Hmm I was reading some of the weapon descriptions, apparently the LAW can lock on, but the RPG cannot. And the LAW is the first thing you get, so you have a pack of 4-5 noob engies running around through the woods just taking out vehicles left and right.

Hmm I was reading some of the weapon descriptions, apparently the LAW can lock on, but the RPG cannot. And the LAW is the first thing you get, so you have a pack of 4-5 noob engies running around through the woods just taking out vehicles left and right.

As I mentioned before, the LAW really isn't as overpowered as you are insinuating it is, it does very little damage.

Wow so first impression... RPGpalooza... It's like everyone is running around as an engie just shooting RPG at every vehicle, some how they are still locking on.. cause I am seeing RPGs turn corners. And the reload time is wicked fast. I have yet to see one revive in the game, or a medic pack or ammo pack on the ground. Actually I can't say I have seen one support class yet. All engies and snipers. I'm like rank 4 at this point.

I'm a support class. Always. :) Love my MGs and ammo packs. I played a bit last night and I got two revives. I pass out the small ammo packs as much as I can but I haven't gotten the ammo box yet.

Hey guys.. just fyi.. I had the BF3 server before so if you guys are in Europe or East Coast the new 70 man server (64 + 2 + 4) is setup with NFO with top CPU priority for highest performance. It's constantly packed so if you want to play a mix of DOMINATION and CONQUEST and maybe in the future I'll include the Obliteration you are more then welcome to. There are 4 spectator slots for recording video footage at an awesome level of quality and super smooth framerate.

The server is OFFICIAL and in addition to being officially ranked it is also adding your EXPERIENCE rankings in CONQUEST CLASSICS. 

Fav it. It's a BFVP (Battlefield Veterans) a platoon we had on BF3 that I think some folks from Neowin joined.  The server is also for GOLD platoon members who are top players (Position 1 or Position 2) in the world in respective classes.

Unfortunately there are some limitations with servers right now and things are not working as well so when server is OFFICIAL I can't add reserved slots for specific players but if this is changed and once we switch to NORMAL/RANKED only I will add Neowin members who play a lot to a reserve slot so you can always access the server even if it's full.

Here is the server address:  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/ea6214a3-93c3-4c0e-8c9c-22a2f6939a7a/

Server IP:  774.91.127.59:252004.91.127.59:25200

See ya on the battlefield.

Hey guys.. just fyi.. I had the BF3 server before so if you guys are in Europe or East Coast the new 70 man server (64 + 2 + 4) is setup with NFO with top CPU priority for highest performance. It's constantly packed so if you want to play a mix of DOMINATION and CONQUEST and maybe in the future I'll include the Obliteration you are more then welcome to. There are 4 spectator slots for recording video footage at an awesome level of quality and super smooth framerate.

The server is OFFICIAL and in addition to being officially ranked it is also adding your EXPERIENCE rankings in CONQUEST CLASSICS. 

Fav it. It's a BFVP (Battlefield Veterans) a platoon we had on BF3 that I think some folks from Neowin joined.  The server is also for GOLD platoon members who are top players (Position 1 or Position 2) in the world in respective classes.

Here it is:  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/ea6214a3-93c3-4c0e-8c9c-22a2f6939a7a/

See ya on the battlefield.

Will give it a go, thanks!

Until the PC version of Battlefield 4 gets achievements like the Xbox 360/One and PS3/4 versions do, I won't be buying this.

I'm giving up on flying with keyboard and mouse. Doing good on the ground, but as soon as I leave it, it's a max of two kills (if I'm lucky) and I'm down (sometimes by a tree).

Got 8 kills with an attack helicopter and only one with a stealth jet on my record. Tried to fly with an xbox360 gamepad, but it was no better. Ordered now a cheap joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) to try and improve my flying skills. Hope it will help me :laugh:

Other than that, enjoying the MP so far. Think I'll even try the SP, for  the unlockable weapons from it.

I'm giving up on flying with keyboard and mouse. Doing good on the ground, but as soon as I leave it, it's a max of two kills (if I'm lucky) and I'm down (sometimes by a tree).

Got 8 kills with an attack helicopter and only one with a stealth jet on my record. Tried to fly with an xbox360 gamepad, but it was no better. Ordered now a cheap joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) to try and improve my flying skills. Hope it will help me :laugh:

Other than that, enjoying the MP so far. Think I'll even try the SP, for  the unlockable weapons from it.

Theres not really any advantage over mouse keyboard with a stick, Your mouse is pretty accurate. You just need practice. 

Theres not really any advantage over mouse keyboard with a stick, Your mouse is pretty accurate. You just need practice.

Spent about twenty minutes practicing in test range. Just doesn't feel right to me piloting a jet/helicopter with a mouse.

Why? :s

Because the game doesn't feel as complete as the other versions.

It's about principle. I don't specially care about the achievements themselves.

Because the game doesn't feel as complete as the other versions.

It's about principle. I don't specially care about the achievements themselves.

While I respect you standing your ground, as it were, I have to ask if you ever buy other PC games that aren't Steamworks titles? Its really up to EA/Origin to also have an achievement platform similar to that of XBL/PSN/Steam & not DICE's fault. I for one love achievements, and many of my friends have 360s so casually playing & gettih achievements is perfect for me.

While I respect you standing your ground, as it were, I have to ask if you ever buy other PC games that aren't Steamworks titles? Its really up to EA/Origin to also have an achievement platform similar to that of XBL/PSN/Steam & not DICE's fault. I for one love achievements, and many of my friends have 360s so casually playing & gettih achievements is perfect for me.

I have avoided many Origin games due to lack of achievements.

What kind of achievements are you guys talking about? The game on PC gives you medals and dog tags depending on your score when you go through a mission.

Those medals are displayed on your battlelog and you can use the tags to customize yours for the MP. You also get weapons that can't be unlocked in MP, too.

Until the PC version of Battlefield 4 gets achievements like the Xbox 360/One and PS3/4 versions do, I won't be buying this.

Achievements have always bin a console thing pretty much i highly doubt many PC gamers care about achievements, i dont

Its really up to EA/Origin to also have an achievement platform similar to that of XBL/PSN/Steam & not DICE's fault.

It already has one for some games.  Look at your profile or right click on Battlefield 3 and click View Achievements.

I don't have 4 yet so I can't comment on that.