Whats the deal with picking a server, just so your friends are on the same? i currently just click play and i'm thrown into a game .. (pc gaming noob)

Normally I look for something pretty full and low ping, but I'm still fond of Shacknews so I join their server when I can.

The crashes are getting annoying. Just unlocked MAV and a weapon and after the game crashed, no sign of them.

Had a good score in domination (30 something kills with under 10 deaths), too :(

The crashes are getting annoying. Just unlocked MAV and a weapon and after the game crashed, no sign of them.

Had a good score in domination (30 something kills with under 10 deaths), too :(

suck, I haven't had the game crash on me yet :|

At first the game seemed to work great for me, but I eventually ran into this incredibly annoying issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-PC-Memory-leaking-94-Memory-usage-with-12GB/td-p/1731447

It appears that many AMD/Windows 8.1 users suffer a huge memory leak when playing BF4 multiplayer.

What's really annoying is that DICE and/or AMD has not yet acknowledged this issue at all, when clearly many people are affected by it :/

Just out of interest, how long does it take you guys to join a server from clicking "Join"?

For me, it takes about 4-5mins from clicking Join :/

i5 3570K, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, ASUS Radeon K9 280X, 128GB SSD as Windows drive, 1TB 7200RPM Game Drive.

Just out of interest, how long does it take you guys to join a server from clicking "Join"?

For me, it takes about 4-5mins from clicking Join :/

i5 3570K, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, ASUS Radeon K9 280X, 128GB SSD as Windows drive, 1TB 7200RPM Game Drive.

Maybe 30-40 seconds using an SSD.  Haven't really timed it.  Have you defragged?

Maybe 30-40 seconds using an SSD.  Haven't really timed it.  Have you defragged?

A Google search brought up a lot of people with the same issue - turns out it is Punkbuster, so upgraded it and whammo - all good now :D

Loving it loads! Came 2nd on our team just now (points wise) - AMAZING with all settings maxed out and 1920x1080 - between 80 and 160fps :)

Love it when a storm comes in - very very pretty :D

• Like 1

If anyone with AMD Radeon is getting crashes with DirectX Error E_OUTOFMEMORY, try the latest Catalyst, 13.11 beta 8. It is supposed to fix "intermittent crashes".

I'll try to update PunkBuster manually, once I come home.

Single player should only be played in Hard, medium is too easy if you've played bf3 online. Enjoyable, only bug Ive had are floating bodies.

I agree. AI is ridiculous at Medium. 

every now and then there are moments that are leagues ahead of BF3 

I've only had a chance to play for perhaps 10 minutes so far, but last night I played on a map that had lots of waves, some crazy storm or whatever, and it was MILES ahead of BF3 in terms of gameplay from that short moment. Moving around really feels like you're a soldier, like you can feel your every footstep. The audio is phenomenal as well ?

I've had to work a lot this weekend to launch a website in time for Christmas, but man, I have the shakes from wanting to play more - and I don't even like FPS games usually.

Okay.. but BF is always about the multiplayer. The campaign is not touted as any major selling point. There shouldn't be any surprise here. It sounds like you just don't like BF and yet bought it anyway. Unfortunately it seems you wasted your money.

You are incorrect but thanks for your the assumption that you can't have fun playing single player. I'm not a hardcore gaming fanatic anymore. I get very bored much more quickly with gaming in general. BF4 is much more enjoyable for me now that I've gotten use to controls and have my settings set just right. Also got the latest driver.  

Not everyone is at the same level i find Medium quite challenging.

I found the same in the campaign. Although if your squad mates actually helped instead of sitting around like lemons it would be much easier.

Campaign was "ok" IMHO. I really liked the characters, but the story was nonsense. Just waiting for the MP issues to be resolved before I dive into that. Hope the levolution stuff is worth the wait.

Having all sorts of issues on the 360 version. Think DICE have spread themselves too thin to cover all the platforms at once and the result is a complete mess. I wouldn't be confident that the next-gen version are any better. It'll be even longer until they're fixed seeing as they've yet to release & even when they do, you're starting to hit holiday season when employees aren't even in office as much.

Aparently equipping the QBU with a silencer on PC version will mute the entire server :laugh:

The game is almost unplayable in it's current form :no:.

The beta was short but the vast majority of weapons and maps were restricted and so with that, we were only testing probably a fourth of the game. I'm sure it was helpful but I don't know if they could have opened up more for testing.

I agree. AI is ridiculous at Medium. 

AI Hard is easy too. What I hate the most is the pace. I cannot just run and keep going I have to wait on my stupid computer squad mates. I will clear out all of the bad guys but one and that one is in a stance somewhere and I can't find him. He will not run out. Stupid AI. I cannot advance because the scripted game play is waiting for me to take that one guy out. The squad stands there waiting on me. I love the graphics but the pace is just too slow most of the time.