Finally got around to using shadowplay on some locker rounds, most can be done under 20 minutes so it was a good choice to use them since shadowplay has a 20 minutes limit on files. here are my videos.

Took a few more screens, my favourite way to arm an MCOM station, drive away from all the hectic gunfire and explosions and arm the MCOM, most people never seem to see it coming. I did it all the time in BF3 too. And after arming it, sat near it still in your EOD BOT, players will rush in to disarm it, don't see anything resembling a human being and start disarming. Kill them with your blowtorch. I killed 4 guys in a row in the last game just like that  :rofl:

post-350302-0-43410800-1384292946.jpg

post-350302-0-68332700-1384292948.jpg

Stupid kid, complains about the price and askes "wtf is digital deulux?" but still brought it. Well done, bet still buys BF5.

This video pretty much sums up the current state of EA, but you still cry and buy their games...

Again, NSFW language

Stupid kid, complains about the price and askes "wtf is digital deulux?" but still brought it. Well done, bet still buys BF5.

This video pretty much sums up the current state of EA, but you still cry and buy their games...

Again, NSFW language

I'd love that tagline at 2:36 into the video to be my signature. 

Again, NSFW language

Is he genuinely the ex-ceo or is it a parody? either way i agree with every single word that comes out of his mouth. I wont be buying another EA game, I wasted my money on Battlefield.

Yeah they must be using the slowest HDD known to man in that video.

on my laptops, load times are absolutely horrible even on the lowest settings(still looks good though). so a 5400 HDD has some real loading issues with this game, even if it's a fairly high performance 5400.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but once I tried this, I haven't crashed in all of my gameplay yesterday (about 2.5 hours).Right click on the Battlefield 4 game in Origin, and the go to Game Properties. Under the "When Launching this game" section, just set it to x64. When I first read this, I didn't think it'd help at all. But so far, and it could be the placebo effect for me, I haven't crashed at all. Sure, that doesn't help me on servers that lag, but it's a HUGE improvement. I'm having lots of fun with this game again.

on my laptops, load times are absolutely horrible even on the lowest settings(still looks good though). so a 5400 HDD has some real loading issues with this game, even if it's a fairly high performance 5400.

5400 RPM and high performance are two completely different things.

5400 RPM and high performance are two completely different things.

I said it's fairly high performance for a 5400. also there are 5400 disks with very good performance as well. either way. the loading times are fare worse than the difference between 5400 and 7200 should dictate. 

Not sure if this will help anyone, but once I tried this, I haven't crashed in all of my gameplay yesterday (about 2.5 hours).Right click on the Battlefield 4 game in Origin, and the go to Game Properties. Under the "When Launching this game" section, just set it to x64. When I first read this, I didn't think it'd help at all. But so far, and it could be the placebo effect for me, I haven't crashed at all. Sure, that doesn't help me on servers that lag, but it's a HUGE improvement. I'm having lots of fun with this game again.

My game created two different shortcuts, one says 64 bit. anyway. or me it usually crashes on startup several times, when I get it to start up and load on the 3-5th try it usually runs for a couple of hours. 

I said it's fairly high performance for a 5400. also there are 5400 disks with very good performance as well. either way. the loading times are fare worse than the difference between 5400 and 7200 should dictate. 

Sure a 7200 vs a 5400 isn't going to be an earth shattering difference, but compared to a SSD, it is.

BF4 has huge and highly detailed maps, so it shouldn't be a surprise what a mechanical HDD, which has super slow access times, takes a long time to load.  HDDs are slow by nature, so you can't really say they're high performance, especially for gaming.

Sequential reads, which most maps loads should be, won't be terribly slower on a mechanical HDD than SSD. depending on the disk, it might actually be faster. seek time and and small files is where SSD's rule.

either way, while my desktop doesn't load instantly the laptops aren't just twice as slow at loading, they're many times as slow. which doesn't make sense. 

In Battlefield 3, I was used to loading maps in about 20-30 seconds on my 7200 RPM drive. With Battlefield 4 on the same drive, that could take 90 seconds to 2 minutes. After installing the game on my SSD, I'm now getting 15-30 second load times in BF4.

If these load times are to be expected we may just be seeing teething issues if we consider this game to be next-gen in a time where not all PCs are next-gen in terms of disk drives.

Sequential reads, which most maps loads should be, won't be terribly slower on a mechanical HDD than SSD. depending on the disk, it might actually be faster. seek time and and small files is where SSD's rule.

either way, while my desktop doesn't load instantly the laptops aren't just twice as slow at loading, they're many times as slow. which doesn't make sense. 

Um what?  Sequential reads and writes are magnitudes faster on SSDs compared to HDDs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-upgrade-sata-3gbps,3469-4.html

If these load times are to be expected we may just be seeing teething issues if we consider this game to be next-gen in a time where not all PCs are next-gen in terms of disk drives.

the next gen consoles just have regular 7200rpm drives afaik...

I thought about that too but they probably have other specific techniques to quicken load times. Some sort of prefetching? Also, aren't we comparing PC load times with console load times? The consoles we're comparing to are last-gen and don't have the same quality maps, right?

Laptop HDs throttle as they get hot.  You might try using a laptop cooler.

Yes and no.  The X1s is backed up by 8GB of flash though I don't know what it's used for offhand (I don't think it's the usual hybrid drive setup.)

I don't know if the PS4s is.

I have Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1 but every time I try to join a server it just stays at joining server at the bottom with the battlelog plugin. Battlefield 4 never opens up. This is on Firefox. I am not using Internet Explorer.

Battlefield 4 Beta worked fine in Windows 8.1

Does anyone know what could be wrong?