Not sure why everyone is ragging on a modern military shooter for being modern military shooter like, what do you want them to do?

They obviously want more WW2 shooters! *gag*

annnnnyway. I guess I should wait on preordering until the beta or launch is closer.

Not sure why everyone is ragging on a modern military shooter for being modern military shooter like, what do you want them to do?

There's a lot of people that would love to see them make Battlefield 2143.

Good news to everyone who bought Premium for BF3.

DICE posted a new premium video with this at the end:

JzB.png

:D So no need to pre-order just to get BF4 Beta access, you already have it :D

awesome :)

I definitely don't regret getting premium, it was an excellent deal for all the extras and dlc you get.

It's not the setting, it's just that the popular take on modern military shooters have hit a kind of critical mass by continually leaning on this formula of big spectacle & quick time events. The actual game design often feels like an after thought or just a vehicle to the next over blown set piece.

There seems like little attempt to bring anything new to series in terms of mechanics.

• Like 3

New interview with DICE

A good read :D

The big Battlefield 4 interview: DICE leaves technology behind

Frostbite 3, Wii U and why it's not just about pretty graphics.

http://www.eurogamer...chnology-behind

From that article..

What makes me the most proud of what we showed yesterday is that people seem to know the characters by name after 17 minutes. That's pretty decent. You don't see that that often in video games. You don't often even pick up who the characters are.

It's funny because all I remember from the video about the characters in it is that there was 3 white guys and one black guy. They gave literally no reason to care about the characters.

And statements like this from it also just confuse the hell out of me:

There's a big shift in mindset at the studio when it comes to creating experience rather than just creating technology, or, how big are our maps? That discussion is fading away. It's all about, does it feel cool? Do you like it? Is it awesome? And then we reverse engineer that into, what features do we need to do that?

What does that even mean? It doesn't sound like they took the criticisms that BF3 got into consideration at all.

Graphics. That's all there is to it. And that's ENOUGH! Just like with Crysis 3 being an interactive CryEngine tech demo. Now, if there was also a good gameplay or narrative mixed in or anything, I hereby excuse myself that I'd just go into an emotional overload state and spontaneously combust.

Lalalaa, not interested, I play for pretty graphics... lalala, not listening.

I wouldn't pay for a multi only game.

As far as Battlefield goes, you're in the minority, based on the series' past. Battlefield is known solely for its multiplayer. I for one do agree with you, but a lack of single player would not affect my purchase of a Battlefield game. I'll leave single player to every other game I own. FYI - regardless of game, I do complete all single player content available before moving to multiplayer.

Graphics. That's all there is to it. And that's ENOUGH! Just like with Crysis 3 being an interactive CryEngine tech demo. Now, if there was also a good gameplay or narrative mixed in or anything, I hereby excuse myself that I'd just go into an emotional overload state and spontaneously combust.

Lalalaa, not interested, I play for pretty graphics... lalala, not listening.

Crysis, sadly, is truly about graphics, the story is incredibly "meh" but I have to admit I do thoroughly enjoy the multiplayer, wish more people played it.

I was not left speechless. Wait... mabye I was,,, as to the sorry state games are lately. I get more out of watching LPers derping it up in a lot of FPS games lately then actually playing them myself.

mabye MP is better... who knows.... but I don't see dropping full retail on this .

I really don't get this attitude? Exactly what is it that you know about this game that the rest of us don't? I mean, it showed us some single player action that was pretty intense, looked really good, and in no way really showed us much else. Certainly not enough to be down on single player.

I kind of get the impression that you'd of been a negative nellie no matter what the video would of had in it. No offense.

• Like 2

Crysis, sadly, is truly about graphics, the story is incredibly "meh" but I have to admit I do thoroughly enjoy the multiplayer, wish more people played it.

As far as Crysis 1 goes the gameplay was alright. Nothing special, but not bad. Crysis 2 was very...claustrophobic. 'Here're the guys you need to get past, heres some guns and ammo to do it with, get to it'

Crysis 3 was the first one that was actually fun to play all around, IMO.

Just to let you guys know, if you have BF3 Premium you'll get access to the BF4 beta.

I didn't pre-order BF4 but when I look on Origin:

2OZFPVa.png

Edit: Well I'm a moron should have checked the previous page :rofl:

hmm, I have bf3 premium and bf4 beta isn't showing for me in origin :/

Hasn't shown up for me yet either.

Maybe you have to restart Origin? Or they're taking their sweet time and slowly adding people bit by bit.

I just happened to randomly check for no real reason and saw it.

hmm, I have bf3 premium and bf4 beta isn't showing for me in origin :/

Hasn't shown up for me yet either.

Doesn't matter, when it's ready you'll both have access; they ended the BF3 premium video with the beta access information aka official confirmation. wooo! :woot:

Doesn't matter, when it's ready you'll both have access; they ended the BF3 premium video with the beta access information aka official confirmation. wooo! :woot:

Yup! In the end that's the only confirmation I need. :D

• Like 1

http://www.pcgamer.c...orting-esports/

esports

Web definitions

Electronic Sports, abbreviated e-Sports is used as a general term to describe the play of video games competitively. Other terms include...

Don't we already do this with the leaderboards? or is this something else? like to see who is the best bf4 player or?

Electronic sports (eSports) is competitive gaming. Games like StarCraft 2, League of Legends and even Dota 2 are popular eSports games. They're games that can be played competitively in tournaments with large prize money. I believe Dota 2 had a $1M tournament and League of Legends has tournaments with eve more prize money.