Teachers who stomped American flag, Jesus, are gone

The irony in this is that if the sentence read "Atheism is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured." people would get all in a tiff about forcing religion on others and blah blah blah. It's interesting how that complaint is usually only a one way street.

how can you force "nothing" on someone? interesting concept. I guess we call that "nothing" education, open mindedness, acceptance of people different then you, and equality. Very bad bad stuff...

jtba7t.jpg

They don't have to be religious to not trust Atheists. I know plenty of people who are not religious and don't trust Atheists. My agnostic Boss was one of them. I don't mind learning. What you are giving me is "Grade A" B.S and there is nothing of substance but just an argument that my dad is bigger than yours and then telling me that I am ignorant. There are a lot of people like you on this forum that call people ignorant because they disagree with them and them give them nothing of substance.

Plenty of religious people dont trust other sects of the same religion either. A lot of mistrust is based on ignorance and misunderstandings and out right stupidity on their own part. For example you have shown to be very dishonest when it comes to atheism. You make retarded generalizations based on the acts or sayings of a small minority that don't in anyway represent the whole. Even when this is pointed out you still continue along the same lines of thinking, your own words below are a perfect exaple. I call people ignorant who don't know, because that's what ignorance is, not knowing.

Like that one kid who tried to teach me about the "Big Bang" and then the answer never matched the question. Very typical. If you can't answer a question then just throw some random science facts (that are not even relevant to the question) so that you feel better about not being able to answer the hard questions.

Again, here we go with the term "kid" because you are to cowardly to address someone as an adult. Then you'll turn around again and blame others for acting like a jerk while the whole time you are ignorant of your own jerky actions. You truly lack integrity and it's no wonder you are not treated with any respect or taken seriously, you're a jerk.

Anaron answered your question, you just refused to accept it as an answer. You can ignore facts all day long, that doesn't change them from still be facts. You were also looking for an answer as to a "meaning" of it, in terms of how you asked. That wasn't a question for science and I tried to answer that as best it could be answered. What you choose to accept or not accept is on you, that doesn't change that answers were given, just that you didnt accept them. The only thing typical here is your response to them, because they weren't the answers you were hoping for, hence why you deny them in the first place.

Then there is this from today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...and-tv-21947207

"Religion is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured." - from a scientist no doubt. Gosh, I wonder why a lot of "religious people don't trust Atheists".

yeah, that really promotes Science!

"You must be cured from your ignorance and we are the ones to do it."

As for the interview, this is what I was talking about from above, you take one person's view and generalize it as a whole. It's retarded, it's dishonest and it makes you look like a person who is not capable of adult conversations.

As for the quote, maybe you can provide the source for it cause that wasn't from the link you provided and it doesn't show up under search, so maybe you can provide who said it. Same for the last quote given that too does not show up under a search.

Militant atheist is a bull****, loaded term to begin with. If you write a book, you're militant. If you're famous and say you're an atheist (e.g. Gervais), you're militant. Hell, If you say out loud you're an atheist, you're a militant.

How can you tell if someone is either an atheist or a vegan ... give it a little time ... they will tell you! It's a funny saying, but it contains a lot of truth. If atheists truly do not believe in anything ... then why do so many seem to care about what others believe? No one is infringing on your right to not believe ... yet somehow, the fact that others believe in something is troubling to many atheists.

how can you force "nothing" on someone? interesting concept. I guess we call that "nothing" education, open mindedness, acceptance of people different then you, and equality. Very bad bad stuff...

Education is not exclusive to Atheists. Acceptance of people different then you? You must be trolling, because I can't take you seriously.

Most of the Atheists I see are the opposite of everything you just listed.

o There are Atheists that are educated of course but this also goes with people of religious faith as well.

o Open minded and Atheist is an oxymoron.

o Most Atheists only care about themselves and they are most likely to help only themselves

o A lot of Atheists are not tolerant of religious folks or with someone with a different opinion then them on "moral" or religious grounds.

o A lot of Atheists want to see the end of religion and are extremely aggressive of people with open faith.

Atheists are the ones that fight with religious people. I would not be even posting like this on this forum if it wasn't for the aggressive tone that these Atheists are trying to push.

Atheism doesn't mean a "denial of everything".

How can you tell if someone is either an Christian or a cheese head ... give it a little time ... they will tell you! It's a funny saying, but it contains a lot of truth. If Christians believe in god ... then why do so many seem to care about what others believe? No on is infringing on your right not believe ... yet somehow, the fact that others believe in something else is troubling to many Christians.

See it works this way too. Lets not ignore the fact that religious people are the ones that go door to door selling their religion. They are the ones that stand on street corners preaching their gospel to those walking by, they are the ones going to other countries passing out bibles and building churches when no one asked them too.

Yes you can find some atheists that speak out but you can also find a hell of a lot more on the religious side that speak out far more.

Gut8wTl.jpg

You must be trolling, because I can't take you seriously.

I am 100% positive you do not know what atheism is or what it means. I am also now positive you can not be explained what it is or what it means. Sorry about that.
  • Like 2

Plenty of religious people dont trust other sects of the same religion either. A lot of mistrust is based on ignorance and misunderstandings and out right stupidity on their own part. For example you have shown to be very dishonest when it comes to atheism. You make retarded generalizations based on the acts or sayings of a small minority that don't in anyway represent the whole. Even when this is pointed out you still continue along the same lines of thinking, your own words below are a perfect exaple. I call people ignorant who don't know, because that's what ignorance is, not knowing.

That is true plenty of religious people don't trust other sects. There is a lot of mistrust based on ignorance and misunderstandings.

I am not being dishonest at all. You have just exposed your true colors. Because you act like a group with one world view, you may not act the same, but that is why I will say "A lot of Atheist" or "Most Atheists", that does not mean all. Apparently you have trouble with reading comprehension.

When you say something stupid and ignorant I call you on it and you don't like it. That is not my problem.

Again, here we go with the term "kid" because you are to cowardly to address someone as an adult. Then you'll turn around again and blame others for acting like a jerk while the whole time you are ignorant of your own jerky actions. You truly lack integrity and it's no wonder you are not treated with any respect or taken seriously, you're a jerk.

I call you a "kid" for two reasons. I am 45 years old this year and you are a kid in my eyes. Plus you lack maturity, and that is the second reason that I call you a kid. I wouldn't even post to you. If you wouldn't be so aggressive and start attacking anyone with faith. That is why you lack maturity. You may not agree with my positions and that is okay, but when you start attacking someone because they believe different than you do, that is when I step in. You lack the maturity to have an adult conversation.

I don't go on forums to an Atheist thread and start attacking people. I go in to give my opinion and then people start getting aggressive and start attacking people of faith. I don't care if you are an Atheist or not. That is not very important. I only care because you attack people without any provoking.

That is my point. Instead of being so negative about religion and start harassing people about it, you should maybe try to learn a bit and since you can't act like an adult, well it is what it is.

Anaron answered your question, you just refused to accept it as an answer. You can ignore facts all day long, that doesn't change them from still be facts. You were also looking for an answer as to a "meaning" of it, in terms of how you asked. That wasn't a question for science and I tried to answer that as best it could be answered. What you choose to accept or not accept is on you, that doesn't change that answers were given, just that you didnt accept them. The only thing typical here is your response to them, because they weren't the answers you were hoping for, hence why you deny them in the first place.

Apparently, if you are an Atheist you don't need facts. I haven't seen a single fact at all. So, please enlighten me. Scientific answers about the Big Bang doesn't tell me anything about the question that I put forth.

If I asked about what it takes to make a desktop computer and you started to give me an answer written for being a dentist how can that help anything? That is just being stupid.

Here is a pro-tip... When someone says something that you cannot answer because you don't have the answer, you research and find out for yourself. You don't just pose some random science solution because you are looking for some kind of random problem to fix.

I question the whole rationality of your world view.

As for the interview, this is what I was talking about from above, you take one person's view and generalize it as a whole. It's retarded, it's dishonest and it makes you look like a person who is not capable of adult conversations.

As for the quote, maybe you can provide the source for it cause that wasn't from the link you provided and it doesn't show up under search, so maybe you can provide who said it. Same for the last quote given that too does not show up under a search.

It's not dishonest at all. You can't answer the question and the answer is obvious.

I have just tested it right now and it works fine. It links to a video on BBC the BBC website. Maybe you might want to get a better computer.

Daniel Dennett: Religion is like 'the common cold'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-21947207

This is what they said after you watch the entire video (not verbatim, but the meaning is there).

"Religion is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured.

Education is not exclusive to Atheists. Acceptance of people different then you? You must be trolling, because I can't take you seriously.

Most of the Atheists I see are the opposite of everything you just listed.

o There are Atheists that are educated of course but this also goes with people of religious faith as well.

o Open minded and Atheist is an oxymoron.

o Most Atheists only care about themselves and they are most likely to help only themselves

o A lot of Atheists are not tolerant of religious folks or with someone with a different opinion then them on "moral" or religious grounds.

o A lot of Atheists want to see the end of religion and are extremely aggressive of people with open faith.

1. Correct education is something everyone shares in and is not limited to any particular group

2. Your statement is retarded

3. You dont know most atheists and can not speak on the behalf of them. Reddit's atheist subreddit helped raise over $200k for Doctors without boarders as well as raise almost a $100k for a guy who was hacked up by machetes protecting an orphanage in Kenya along with many other fundraisers over the last few years. So know you can not speak about atheists only caring about themselves in anyway.

4. Sure you can find some that aren't tolerant of other religions just like you can find some religious people who are not tolerant of atheists or even other people of worship. Again this doesn't in anyway represent the whole for either side but you are not open minded enough to grasp that.

5. Some atheists want to see the end of controlled religion. Many of us know and understand the benefit of religions and dont hate them as you like to generalize, something you keep showing that you just dont get yourself. And stop crying about others being aggressive while being aggressive yourself, childish behavior begets a similar response.

Atheists are the ones that fight with religious people. I would not be even posting like this on this forum if it wasn't for the aggressive tone that these Atheists are trying to push.

Says who exactly? Iv seen my share of religious people fighting against atheism. So unless you can provide some sort of score card showing all the fights and who started each one, you are once again talking out of your ass. And again you keep saying others have an aggressive tone while completely ignoring your own.

Atheism doesn't mean a "denial of everything".

no one has claimed that

I am 100% positive you do not know what atheism is or what it means. I am also now positive you can not be explained what it is or what it means. Sorry about that.

I know what it is. Here is a chart to explain it better since you need help.

Agnostic+v+Gnostic+v+Atheist+v+Theist.png

I know what it is. Here is a chart to explain it better since you need help.

It is a trait for religious people to follow writings of another, but this chart maybe a bit too... sparse? You gained all your knowledge from this? Impressive.

2. Your statement is retarded

No, it's very true. Atheists are very closed minded to things. Even if you can have scientific evidence for things they disregard as ignorance they do not have an open mind. I am not talking about legal cannabis sales or homosexual marriage here.

3. You dont know most atheists and can not speak on the behalf of them. Reddit's atheist subreddit helped raise over $200k for Doctors without boarders as well as raise almost a $100k for a guy who was hacked up by machetes protecting an orphanage in Kenya along with many other fundraisers over the last few years. So know you can not speak about atheists only caring about themselves in anyway.

This is a sham. A lot of Atheists don't give to anyone but themselves. They only want to do this because of the giving of religious organizations. It's not from the heart. It's selfish and not actually really from the heart.

4. Sure you can find some that aren't tolerant of other religions just like you can find some religious people who are not tolerant of atheists or even other people of worship. Again this doesn't in anyway represent the whole for either side but you are not open minded enough to grasp that.

I hear what you say, but your actions do not match your words. While it is true that Atheists have had a hard time in this country and being compared to communists there is no excuse. I would never have gone off on Atheists myself if they just let people alone and live their lives. What they think is irreverent to people being happy with their own lives. However, people being called a moron for believing that old fairy tale is offensive. Don't you get that?

5. Some atheists want to see the end of controlled religion. Many of us know and understand the benefit of religions and dont hate them as you like to generalize, something you keep showing that you just dont get yourself. And stop crying about others being aggressive while being aggressive yourself, childish behavior begets a similar response.

When you go and post negative stuff about people who are religious and lies about them it acts as being aggressive and putting out propaganda.

Like I said, it has nothing to do with my faith. I am fine with that on a faith basis, but there are a lot of people that don't know the truth and you are just helping to put lies out there that hurt their perception of the truth.

Exactly, being aggressive begets a simular response and that is even why I posted in the first place. I would never have posted on a lot of these message boards except someone is being aggressive and calling out someone for their ignorance. Sometimes you have to fight ignorance with truth.

Says who exactly? Iv seen my share of religious people fighting against atheism. So unless you can provide some sort of score card showing all the fights and who started each one, you are once again talking out of your ass. And again you keep saying others have an aggressive tone while completely ignoring your own.

I see like 15 responses from Atheists and a very few from anyone else. It's like 15 to 1. Not a very fair is it?

It's like the Atheists are looking for a fight and being aggressive at all costs.

I am not being dishonest at all. You have just exposed your true colors. Because you act like a group with one world view, you may not act the same, but that is why I will say "A lot of Atheist" or "Most Atheists", that does not mean all. Apparently you have trouble with reading comprehension.

When you say something stupid and ignorant I call you on it and you don't like it. That is not my problem.

You are dishonest when you generalize based on the actions or sayings of a few, that's dishonest pure and simple. Even here you are being dishonest, no where did I make any kind of statement or view of what you just claimed I did. Even when you say "most atheists" that still does not equate to being remotely true. The ONLY thing you can say is true about atheists as a whole is that we don't believe in god, that's it. You can't make a blanket statement that holds true for everyone else. If one person says or thinkings something, that's on the person who said it, not everyone else.

I call you a "kid" for two reasons. I am 45 years old this year and you are a kid in my eyes. Plus you lack maturity, and that is the second reason that I call you a kid. I wouldn't even post to you. If you wouldn't be so aggressive and start attacking anyone with faith. That is why you lack maturity. You may not agree with my positions and that is okay, but when you start attacking someone because they believe different than you do, that is when I step in. You lack the maturity to have an adult conversation.

I don't go on forums to an Atheist thread and start attacking people. I go in to give my opinion and then people start getting aggressive and start attacking people of faith. I don't care if you are an Atheist or not. That is not very important. I only care because you attack people without any provoking.

You are six years older then me, that doesn't equate me to being a kid and it's still nothing more then you trying to insult. Given your rich posts history, you act much younger so clearly your age doesn't equate maturity. So if you want to act and pretend like an adult that you claim you are, stop acting like a child then. The rest of your posts here doesn't fit into that adult age group.

That is my point. Instead of being so negative about religion and start harassing people about it, you should maybe try to learn a bit and since you can't act like an adult, well it is what it is.

Im not negative about religion as a whole, just aspects. Iv stated time and time again I think religion has it's place.

Apparently, if you are an Atheist you don't need facts. I haven't seen a single fact at all. So, please enlighten me. Scientific answers about the Big Bang doesn't tell me anything about the question that I put forth.

If I asked about what it takes to make a desktop computer and you started to give me an answer written for being a dentist how can that help anything? That is just being stupid.

Here is a pro-tip... When someone says something that you cannot answer because you don't have the answer, you research and find out for yourself. You don't just pose some random science solution because you are looking for some kind of random problem to fix.

I question the whole rationality of your world view.

If you havent seen the facts posted in the other thread, then you clearly didnt read, which seems to be a ongoing theme for you, ignore what you dont like. Pretending like the facts were not there doesnt change them from still being facts.

If you want to talk about what was said in the religion thread.

It's not dishonest at all. You can't answer the question and the answer is obvious.

I have just tested it right now and it works fine. It links to a video on BBC the BBC website. Maybe you might want to get a better computer.

Daniel Dennett: Religion is like 'the common cold'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...and-tv-21947207

This is what they said after you watch the entire video (not verbatim, but the meaning is there).

"Religion is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured.

I watched the video that you posted, you posted quotes and those quotes were not found in the video. So basically you made up a quote, that wasn't actually said but what you got out of it, which in the end isn't an actual quote.

It is a trait for religious people to follow writings of another, but this chart maybe a bit too... sparse? You gained all your knowledge from this? Impressive.

I gained a lot of knowledge by trying to fight against ignorance on many forums because of militant Atheists. This isn't my favor thing to talk about. I prefer to talk about technology which is my thing.

I just showed you the chart because I figured you might need it.

No, it's very true. Atheists are very closed minded to things. Even if you can have scientific evidence for things they disregard as ignorance they do not have an open mind. I am not talking about legal cannabis sales or homosexual marriage here.

Not being open minded to the notion of a god because of a lack of evidence in no way equates being closed minded. Atheists keep an open mind, just not so open the brain falls out. Clearly that's an issue for some people here.

This is a sham. A lot of Atheists don't give to anyone but themselves. They only want to do this because of the giving of religious organizations. It's not from the heart. It's selfish and not actually really from the heart.

No this is you not accepting reality, which is the real sham. You are incapable of accepting that non believers can do something selfless for others, that makes you are very sad person.

For someone who follows Jesus you sure do lie a lot. Making claims about people you don't know and have no authority to speak on their behalf of, is lying pure and simple.

I hear what you say, but your actions do not match your words. While it is true that Atheists have had a hard time in this country and being compared to communists there is no excuse. I would never have gone off on Atheists myself if they just let people alone and live their lives. What they think is irreverent to people being happy with their own lives. However, people being called a moron for believing that old fairy tale is offensive. Don't you get that?

Where did I saying ANYTHING about comparing to communists? How do you even draw such a comparison when none was made? As for being offensive or offended, that's personal, only YOU can let yourself be offended by something. You give and hold that power. But if you believe being called a moron is offensive then surely you must accept telling someone else they are going to hell for not believing what you believe is equally offensive. You can't have it both ways. Atheists don't have a history of door to door sales of religion and attempting to scare others into their world view. Do you get that?

I see like 15 responses from Atheists and a very few from anyone else. It's like 15 to 1. Not a very fair is it?

It's like the Atheists are looking for a fight and being aggressive at all costs.

When you are on a forum that contains more atheists then believers, what do you expect? That's like a liberal going on Fox news forum and saying they are out numbered, um duh. If you want more believers to join in, then go get more believers to sign up and participate. Don't whine about being out numbered when you willingly participate. You are after all responsible for your own participation, no one is forcing you to converse on these forums.

Atheists are very closed minded to things.

I see like 15 responses from Atheists and a very few from anyone else. It's like 15 to 1.

1) We are open to anything and everything... even God if its proven to be true.

2) With out you, we would have no one to argue with... how boring would that be!???? :)

No, it's very true. Atheists are very closed minded to things. Even if you can have scientific evidence for things they disregard as ignorance they do not have an open mind. I am not talking about legal cannabis sales or homosexual marriage

The only close minded one here is you. You keep whining about how Atheists are intolerant whilst at the same time trying to rationalise your own hatred of us. You, like so many creationists are a massive hypocrite.

• Like 2

You are dishonest when you generalize based on the actions or sayings of a few, that's dishonest pure and simple. Even here you are being dishonest, no where did I make any kind of statement or view of what you just claimed I did. Even when you say "most atheists" that still does not equate to being remotely true. The ONLY thing you can say is true about atheists as a whole is that we don't believe in god, that's it. You can't make a blanket statement that holds true for everyone else. If one person says or thinkings something, that's on the person who said it, not everyone else.

I have enough dealings with Atheists to say that the things I said do represent most of the Atheists that I have come in contact with around the Internet. Not dishonest at all. I never said all. So you are talking semantics now and so when we get to that you have already failed.

There are many differences with Atheists like you have stated but the things that I have said are true and are not some fantasy.

You are six years older then me, that doesn't equate me to being a kid and it's still nothing more then you trying to insult. Given your rich posts history, you act much younger so clearly your age doesn't equate maturity. So if you want to act and pretend like an adult that you claim you are, stop acting like a child then. The rest of your posts here doesn't fit into that adult age group.

I am just showing an observation of what I see from your posts. If you can't accept it then there is nothing I can do about that. Moving on would be the mature way to go.

Im not negative about religion as a whole, just aspects. Iv stated time and time again I think religion has it's place.

Then let people believe what they want to believe. I don't attack anyone unless attacked myself. I told you that I might not agree with Islam, but I am not going to go out of my way to post negative things about them or call them out or try to put them down and their beliefs down.

I only do this for Atheism because "A LOT" of Atheists will attack people of faith without any provocation what-so-ever. I don't post anything about Mohammed at all, I respect their beliefs even if I do not personally agree with them (which I don't by the way).

Many, Many, Many Atheists will post pictures of Jesus and be offensive and start attacking people of faith because they think it's a fantasy and a fairy tale and they go out of their way to be jerks and to be offensive to get people angry and act like they can do whatever they want without consequences. They are the aggressors. No doubt about it.

Respecting people's beliefs (even if you don't believe) and not attacking them. WHAT A CONCEPT!

If you havent seen the facts posted in the other thread, then you clearly didnt read, which seems to be a ongoing theme for you, ignore what you dont like. Pretending like the facts were not there doesnt change them from still being facts.

If you want to talk about what was said in the religion thread.

If it wasn't about the Big Bang, then I may have missed it. It is hard to reply to people when there are a lot of people vs just one of me.

I watched the video that you posted, you posted quotes and those quotes were not found in the video. So basically you made up a quote, that wasn't actually said but what you got out of it, which in the end isn't an actual quote.

That is what I said, it wasn't verbatim. You know what not being verbatim means right? The meaning of what he said was clear and that is what I posted it.

What he said was exactly what I posted.

"Religion is bad for us and is a virus like the common cold and it needs a cure" - Not very different then what I posted? I mean the meaning. Not very different from a meaning stand point. Correct?

I have to make sure I have everything together for tomorrow's meeting. So, I am getting ready to get off from here.

Atheism != {anything more than lack of belief}

Antitheism == {what all the last few pages of guff is really about}

Seriously, if people are going to just start heaping whatever meaning they want onto atheism, can we start associating "murderous, warlike, child molesting cavemen" with the word theist?

Sincerely,

An Antitheist.

• Like 2

I have enough dealings with Atheists to say that the things I said do represent most of the Atheists that I have come in contact with around the Internet. Not dishonest at all. I never said all. So you are talking semantics now and so when we get to that you have already failed.

There are many differences with Atheists like you have stated but the things that I have said are true and are not some fantasy.

I have had enough dealings with Christians to say that the vast majority of them are intolerant bigots that cannot handle a difference of opinion.

Isn't it fun when we generalise using our own hatred to back that generalisation up?

You're a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I'm not surprised most Atheists give you crap.

• Like 2

Have you ever read the bible?

Have you studied it? Apparently not. Taking things out of context and understanding it are two different things.

I have had enough dealings with Christians to say that the vast majority of them are intolerant bigots that cannot handle a difference of opinion. Isn't it fun when we generalise using our own hatred to back that generalisation up? You're a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I'm not surprised most Atheists give you crap.

So, you are an Atheist anti-religious bigot. Did I get that right?

Isn't it funny how the "bad context" argument is only applied when you look at one of the bad verses. I bet you've never accused someone who uses one of the "good" verses of taking it out of context :shifty:

So, you are an Atheist anti-religious bigot. Did I get that right?

By no means, I just have no tolerance for rank hypocrisy.

Atheism != {anything more than lack of belief} Antitheism == {what all the last few pages of guff is really about} Seriously, if people are going to just start heaping whatever meaning they want onto atheism, can we start associating "murderous, warlike, child molesting cavemen" with the word theist? Sincerely, An Antitheist.

I agree with this and I never said anything to the contrary. A LOT of atheists attack believers of faith and are aggressive. This is a factual statement. How is this a lie or dishonest? Seriously.

See, you have what Atheists and what they believe which is a lack of belief in God, which is a belief. Then you have their actions and how a lot of them act is what I posted.

It's not rocket science guys. It is, what it is.

Absence of belief is not belief of absence. Dishonesty won't win you any extra brownie points.

Isn't it funny how the "bad context" argument is only applied when you look at one of the bad verses. I bet you've never accused someone who uses one of the "good" verses of taking it out of context :shifty: By no means, I just have no tolerance for rank hypocrisy.

yeah, your post history tells a different story.