Fast & Furious 7 (April 2015)

ff.png

We know that Fast 7 will definitely happen, and now it seems like it?ll shoot soon. On his Facebook page, Diesel said,

There was an early screening in LA this week of Fast 6. The crowd reaction was surreal? and their demand for the continuation was powerful? It?s remarkable to think I first embodied this character in 1999? and the evolution continues. P.s. Filming begins this summer in LA, where it all started? talk about a studio in sync with the audience?

http://www.slashfilm.com/vin-diesel-suggests-fast-furious-7-shoots-this-summer-in-la/

I guess I'm one of the few who thought they should have stopped after 4. I'm all for suspension of belief and all that but 5 was absolutely terrible and I expect about the same for the next one whenever it's out.

Knew of this some time ago when 5 just came out. They said that 6 & 7 will be split in 2 parts. Rumor has it Jason Statham might be in the end credits. That said it's only a online rumor. I think it be good if he was in it. Seeing him fight Vin diesel etc.

6 films and I haven't seen any of them. Maybe I should give them a watch.

I liked Tokyo Drift and I hope 6 and 7 tie into the Drift to explain how Han finally got there.

same I loved Tokyo Drift, good soundtrack as well

Justin Lin Departs Fast & Furious 7

According to the Hollywood Reporter, this isn?t because of some huge spat between Lin and executives or Fast main man Vin Diesel, it?s simply a matter of timing.

While he?s been a key component of the testosterone and Diesel-powered series since Tokyo Drift, Lin has decided that the breakneck pace Universal wants for the seventh outing won?t lead to his best work. He?s exhausted after making three entries in quick succession and has also been itching to jump on to other projects. The studio, keen to keep the gravy train rolling, wants Fast Seven in cinemas next year as opposed to the usual 2-3 year break.

Still, while executives will have to work fast to find another filmmaker to slip into Lin?s seat in order to have the movie shooting this summer, it?s not an impossible task. Fast & Furious 6 will screech on to our screens this May 17.

Lin, meanwhile, has plenty of possibilities to choose from, including based-on-truth drama L.A. Riots, Manga adaptation Lone Wolf And Cub, comedy Chinglish, sci-fi thriller Hibernation and Subdivision.

Personally why go. Do the last film then go.. let some one pick up if they want to make F&F into 100 films.

Personally why go. Do the last film then go.. let some one pick up if they want to make F&F into 100 films.

Yeah it's a weird one but its timing issues :/

Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal Pictures has set a July 11, 2014 release date for Fast & Furious 7! No other movie is scheduled for that date, but Maleficent opens a week earlier and X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled for the week after.

Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of Fast & Furious 7. James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/cinemaconnews.php?id=103075

• 2 months later...

While Wan is understandably knee-deep in pre-production on Fast & Furious 7 at the moment in order to start filming later this year, the director recently provided a bit of an update on the film, confirming the actor that will be playing the pic?s villain.

Speaking with EW, Wan said that he is currently focused on creating his action sequences for Fast & Furious 7:

?I?m in the preproduction stage right now. I?m in the process of designing my action sequences, working on ideas, and fleshing out things that we want to do with the characters. That?s been really fun.?

While the filmmaker was tight-lipped about specific plot details, he did confirm that

Jason Statham?who was seen in the credits of Furious Six as the brother of Luke Evans? character, seeking revenge?will indeed star in Fast & Furious 7. He went on to describe what it feels like to step into a firmly established franchise as the ?new kid?:

?Okay, this is how I?ve been describing it: It is like being invited to a Thanksgiving dinner and the whole family?s at the dinner [table], already carving the turkey. And I walk in through the door and everyone stops and looks at me. And I?m standing there awkwardly going, ?Hi! I?m here! Oh, that?s my seat? Okay, I?ll come and join the table.??

The other analogy that I use is that it?s like coming in and playing another person?s saved game. I know the characters, I know the stories, but now it?s up to me to pick it up from where it was left off and take it in a different direction ? but a direction that has kind of been laid out, if that makes sense.?

I hope Statham will become the Ultimate Rival to either Dom or Brian for many movies to come. hehe. 

I am looking forward to FF 20 when all the characters race their wheelchairs.

hahah..  I have seen the guys used their wheelchairs ... like backflip over the ramp and other tricks.  impressive.

If they actually do that, it would be interesting to watch with the wheelchairs such as bumping each other and jumps in the movies.

hahah..  I have seen the guys used their wheelchairs ... like backflip over the ramp and other tricks.  impressive.

If they actually do that, it would be interesting to watch with the wheelchairs such as bumping each other and jumps in the movies.

They will need NOS too. two of the big ones... and they need it by tonight. LoL! 

• 4 weeks later...

Here?s what Wan had to say about Fast 7 in an interview with The Playlist:

?I really like the theme of this next one that we?re going with. I can?t really talk about it, but I like the theme; it?s one that I really relate to. Then there?s the drive of Number Seven, which was set up at the end of Number Six, which is a classic revenge story. I?m a big [genre] fan, so that?s how I?m approaching it: I?m looking at it like a gritty, ?70s revenge thriller, but one that still fits into the ?Fast and Furious? series.?

I'm really excited for 7. You can have the cast from 6 (including Shaw .. flashbacks with Statham?) in 7. I just have a feeling the series will end soon. I also wonder if Sean will be part of Dom's crew. It should take place after Toyko Drift right? 

I'm really excited for 7. You can have the cast from 6 (including Shaw .. flashbacks with Statham?) in 7. I just have a feeling the series will end soon. I also wonder if Sean will be part of Dom's crew. It should take place after Toyko Drift right?

I hope so, I liked Sean in TD