(Hope It's Not a 4.1 Treat) Windows 8.1 Build 9375

Fake. Watermark is not proper comparing all other builds. Both the confidential part and the build string should be even wide.

Also on the start screen shot where he selected the PC Settings tile is everything in Russian I think but not the appbar which still says English lines.. bit weird huh? :D

I dunno if it's real but even the first leak showed that they are starting to expose things that were hidden in RTM. Like search UI in apps and settings which when clicked bring up the search charm. Going with that thinking them bringing back the pc settings tile would make sense because one problem is that people haven't gotten use to bringing up the charms yet.

One thing that is new but talked about elsewhere is that IE11 will support SPDY.

The Polish mod has not said much, so we don't know ATM if the win8.1 thing is real, or just a 4.1 trick........or, if they are planning to leak 9375 x64. :|

screen1278.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something off-topic, Neowin news has reported on porting winblue 9364 apps to win8 9200,

https://www.neowin.net/news/blue-apps-transferred-to-windows-8-in-new-workaround

Actually, it could be done the other way round, tks to Misaki, the win8 9200 apps can be side-loaded to winblue too

screen1279.jpg

I am still worried the procedures involves warez, so better not to discuss in Neowin, this is FreshPaint on winblue:

screen1277.jpg

.http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-windows-blue-looks-to-be-named-windows-8-1-7000013391/

Microsoft's Windows Blue looks to be named Windows 8.1

Summary: The Windows Blue operating system update is likely to be named "Windows 8.1" when it hits later this summer, according to sources.

mary-jo-foley-60x45.jpg?hash=LmIvMJVmLw&upscale=1

By Mary Jo Foley for All About Microsoft | April 2, 2013 -- 13:16 GMT (21:16 SGT)

Microsoft officials supposedly have decided on the final name for Windows Blue. The final decision, one of my sources told me, is that it will be Windows 8.1. angelwzr8-1-500x449.png?hash=BGAxZmZkLz&upscale=1

The client version of Blue, codenamed Windows Blue, is a refresh of Windows 8. It is expected to be released to manufacturing around August of this year. As I've blogged a few times, Microsoft is planning to position Blue as part of the Windows 8 wave, not as Windows 9.

On Twitter this morning Roman L. (a k a @AngelWZR) tweeted a link to a screen shot, which I've embedded in this post, above, of what appears to be a build of Windows Blue that postdates the one that leaked a week ago. The week-ago leak was build 9364; the new one is 9375. It is labeled in AngelWZR's screen shot as "Windows 8.1 Pro." The original source of this screen shot is Winforum.eu.

"Well maybe that's not an April Fools' joke," AngelWZR tweeted.

My Blue source said that the top-level branding will be "Windows 8" when Microsoft releases the 8.1 update -- similar to the way that Microsoft's Windows Phone officials talked about the "Mango" (Windows Phone 7.5) release as part of the Windows Phone 7 family.

My tipster also says that Microsoft plans to refer to the Blue update for Windows RT as "Windows RT 8.1."

There's no word as to what, if anything, Microsoft plans to charge existing Windows 8 and Windows RT customers for Blue.

Microsoft executives like Windows Chief Financial Officer Tami Reller have said repeatedly, Microsoft envisions Windows 8 as something more than a one-season wonder. Reller has said Microsoft considers Windows 8 a product "of multiple selling seasons." So it makes sense that Blue would be christened Windows 8.x, not Windows 9.

If it pans out that Microsoft has, indeed, opted for Blue to be named 8.1 -- rather than 8.5 or 8.7 -- I wouldn't be suprised to see the expected next couple of annual Windows client refreshes to also have an 8.X name when they roll out over the next few years.

Microsoft officials are not commenting about Blue, beyond acknowledging that the codename refers to the next wave of products from the company.

If Foley's sources are correct, however, we can expect to see a preview release of what will become Windows 8.1 at Microsoft's annual Build developer conference, scheduled to take place in San Francisco from June 26 to 28. The final version of the update is expected to ship around August 2013.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/02/windows_blue_version_8_1/

If Foley's sources are correct, however, we can expect to see a preview release of what will become Windows 8.1 at Microsoft's annual Build developer conference, scheduled to take place in San Francisco from June 26 to 28. The final version of the update is expected to ship around August 2013.

http://www.theregist...ue_version_8_1/

Can't wait to get my hands on the BUILD 2013 release! :D

With it scheduled to RTM in August, no preview until June just seems too late to me. I suspect we should see something before that.

Since they aren't going to do more than one preview I think the timing is fine. Was it Win8 or 7 that had a new preview out around every two months or so? If they are moving to this quicker cycle from now on don't expect many preview or beta builds before rtm.

Well the Win 8.1 Pro Preview screen says FOLEY and Looks like MJFol or something as the computer and user names, and as she wrote an article about getting a preview, I'd assume that was her copy ?

Capture.PNG

I can always wait, trust me, I can.

I went to Beta Addicts Anonymous after November 2006 when Vista RTMed and I recovered successfully. I can not only resist leaked builds when I see them, I can also stick with my old version of Windows for a very, very long time.

I can always wait, trust me, I can.

I went to Beta Addicts Anonymous after November 2006 when Vista RTMed and I recovered successfully. I can not only resist leaked builds when I see them, I can also stick with my old version of Windows for a very, very long time.

i've become the same way.. I installed so many different builds of Longhorn.. someone would leak a build.. then a friend would give me a private build that was just up one number and I would still install it lol.. glad I am not like that anymore..

Well the Win 8.1 Pro Preview screen says FOLEY and Looks like MJFol or something as the computer and user names, and as she wrote an article about getting a preview, I'd assume that was her copy ?

No, the copy was Paul Thurrot's, he named it MJFd because he had been MJF'd. Thurrot was planning to announce the Windows 8.1 name, but Foley got to it first, therefore he had been MJF'd :D

No, the copy was Paul Thurrot's, he named it MJFd because he had been MJF'd. Thurrot was planning to announce the Windows 8.1 name, but Foley got to it first, therefore he had been MJF'd :D

I thought Paul only had the leak everyone else has

I never did the leak thing but now with how easy it is with VBox it's no big deal to test newer OS versions.