Glee's Cory Monteith Enters Rehab

s9uGO.jpg

Glee star Cory Monteith has entered rehab for substance addiction, and as such Fox?s musical dramedy is prepared to finish production on Season 4 without the actor.

Finn?s sudden absence in the season?s final two episodes will be explained on-screen, our sister site Deadline reports.

News of Monteith?s rehab stint broke over the weekend, when his rep confirmed to People.com that he had ?voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction,? from which the actor has previously suffered.

Immediately, well wishes from the Glee family followed. ?I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this,? Monteith?s costar and real-life girlfriend Lea Michelle told People. ?I am grateful and proud he made this decision.?

Series creator Ryan Murphy shared on Twitter Monday morning, ?I am so proud of Cory Monteith and love and support him 100%.?

In a statement, Glee producer 20th Century Fox TV said, ?Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return.?

Glee ? which because of protracted negotiations has yet to be renewed ? is set to air its Season 4 finale on May 9.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/01/glee-season-4-cory-monteith-enters-rehab-finn-written-out/