I'm glad next gen will have day one digital downloads, fed up of this whole send day before and hope it arrives crap, not to mention RM deliver here around 3-4pm.

The only reson I pre-order online than go to the shops is because you usually get it a day early.

And its much cheaper. I paid ?35 for GTA5, it's ?49.99 on PSN. Worth ?15 to get hours earlier? You decide.

Copy arrived now :D

• Like 2

i want my PC version now :( stupid consoles forgetting what platform made GTA great although i guess at least on consoles it cant be pirated so easy so more muneh. GTA is one of the few games i will buy cus sick of the play for 8 hours complete it then shelve it for the rest of time. i bought gta 4 played it then reformatted me comp with out saving the game files to another hard drive then started again and got really bored, played like 2 hours and havnt touched it since. GTA 3 and san andreas were awesome but gta 4 took itself to seriously but rockstar are supposed to have gone back to the stupidly funny stuff which made it great in this. i hope the radio stations are awesome to

. ive pre-ordered bf 4 cus ill play that on the internets and im going get a a truck and drive down the beach knocking over the watch towers so any bay watch babes have further to run between towers, you know thats always good :P

i want my PC version now :( stupid consoles forgetting what platform made GTA great although i guess at least on consoles it cant be pirated so easy so more muneh. GTA is one of the few games i will buy cus sick of the play for 8 hours complete it then shelve it for the rest of time. i bought gta 4 played it then reformatted me comp with out saving the game files to another hard drive then started again and got really bored, played like 2 hours and havnt touched it since. GTA 3 and san andreas were awesome but gta 4 took itself to seriously but rockstar are supposed to have gone back to the stupidly funny stuff which made it great in this. i hope the radio stations are awesome to

. ive pre-ordered bf 4 cus ill play that on the internets and im going get a a truck and drive down the beach knocking over the watch towers so any bay watch babes have further to run between towers, you know thats always good :p

Just do what I did. Watch the streams of the game, until you'll get sick of it. Twitch now has plenty in English for your choosing: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V

After two days, I regretted of thinking about buying a console for this game. Will wait now for the PC version, no matter how long it will take.

I hope not.

However, it's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

need it come out on PC GTA 3 amazing, san andreas amazing, gta 4 loadof boring old crap, hopefully gta 5 should revitalise it all . want it ion pc now. getting a new 3GB gfxcard either 7950 or 9950 soon mainly for bf 4 but will play gta 5 amazingly

PS3 GTA V only goes to 720p while GTA IV has 1080p support which boggles me mind. -_-;

So far it's "alright" GFX are damn good, targeting system is, well meh imo.

No pop-in on my JTAG install. Guess my 2TB internal is faster than the stock laptop drives the 360 comes with :D

This leads me to believe that the game is not maxing out the SATA bus speed, and can therefore be improved upon with a patch at some point in the future.

Loving it so far. :D The car handling was a bit weird at first, but now I'm getting used to it I'm rather enjoying it. There is a certain subtlety to the way they handle that wasn't there in GTA IV. The gun play I'm still getting used to. Really impressed with the detail in the game though. Not one road in Los Santos is the same and the huge variety really makes the city feel "alive". The gameplay feels a lot more varied, and I already feel like I could play the game again and have a different experience by making different choices.

Really hope there is a PS4 version in the works so I can (hopefully) enjoy it without the aliasing that has plagued the PS3. Apart from the aliasing and the LOD on distant trees, the game looks beautiful on my PS3.

Also, the tennis "mini" game is better than any dedicated tennis game I've played.  :laugh:

Enjoying it so far.

I've got it for the 360 running on the the hard drive and flash drive and have no issue with obvious pop in. Also looking at the blinking light on my flash drive, it doesn't access it constantly either. It is more every 5-10 seconds.

I've been mainly sticking to the story and side quest. Done no sanboxiing yet. Going to wait till i got some money and tooled up. So i can have a bit more fun. It is a very interesting way they play out the story with three characters. While i don't know how it till turn out later. At the moment i'm liking it.

I've already taken an instant liking to Jimmy, Michael's son

i was cracking up during the bike race, some of the stuff he was coming out with. I let him win though as i thought that would be the fatherly thing to do. Then it turns out he stitched me up.

Anyone else constantly jumping and pressing B/Square and falling over? I must have spent 10 minutes doing it off the pier. I wish more developers would use endorphin for animations. Ragdoll is getting a bit old now.

Anyone else constantly jumping and pressing B/Square and falling over? I must have spent 10 minutes doing it off the pier. I wish more developers would use endorphin for animations. Ragdoll is getting a bit old now.

Doesn't it use Euphoria, or was that just GTA4?

PS3 GTA V only goes to 720p while GTA IV has 1080p support which boggles me mind. -_-;

So far it's "alright" GFX are damn good, targeting system is, well meh imo.

I highly doubt it is native 1080p on the 360, its probably upscaled...

Doesn't it use Euphoria, or was that just GTA4?

Haha, that is what i meant. Endorphin is a tool which NaturalMotion offer that creates scenes using the same animation system.

I always get confused between the two. :laugh:

Did not have the time to go through this whole thread at work, so just curious, is there any update on the iFruit app working again?

I downloaded it on Monday, reserved my license plate, taught Chop a few tricks, hooked my car up, and the iFruit app itself would not work at all yesterday, and I also could not log in to the rockstar social club website either. Both were just down for the count.

So just curious if there has been any word on it from R*?

Call me crazy, but I want my custom DIRTYL license plate ASAP  :laugh:

Did not have the time to go through this whole thread at work, so just curious, is there any update on the iFruit app working again?

I downloaded it on Monday, reserved my license plate, taught Chop a few tricks, hooked my car up, and the iFruit app itself would not work at all yesterday, and I also could not log in to the rockstar social club website either. Both were just down for the count.

So just curious if there has been any word on it from R*?

Call me crazy, but I want my custom DIRTYL license plate ASAP  :laugh:

Think yourself lucky you have the app, no love for the Android peeps at all :'(

I want to pick this up, but I'm on the fence.. Do I go with PS3 or Xbox version? Or wait and see about the PS4 version?

If you wait and see for the PS4 version you could be waiting a while.

Right, quick breakdown on current gen versions tallied up by me and a handful of mates.

XBOX 360 > Better textures and graphics so long as you don't install the 'Play' disc, or you install it on a separate USB drive

I only bought it on 360 as my PS3 fell to it's death a few months back. Glad i did though.

I want to pick this up, but I'm on the fence.. Do I go with PS3 or Xbox version? Or wait and see about the PS4 version?

I wouldn't wait for a next gen version. No one knows how long it will be.

Pick it up for whichever controller you prefer. Both versions are pretty much identical unless you want to be picky.

• Like 2