Easter egg hunt at Seattle zoo turns violent

SEATTLE (AP) ? One of usually peaceful springtime rituals of childhood ? the Easter egg hunt ? turned nasty at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.

Blame the moms.

A statement on the Seattle Police Department blotter Monday says the "hard-boiled tale" began Sunday afternoon, "when one woman reportedly pushed a child aside as her own child was scrambling toward some brightly colored eggs."

Police say the two mothers began fighting and had to be separated three or four times. The fisticuffs left one woman with a bloody nose.

Only one mother was still there when officers arrived. She said she wasn't interested in pursuing charges against her attacker.

As the release puts it, that left officers without "any info that could crack the case."

source

i never understood how people could get that wrapped up in this sort of thing.

every easter these are at least one of these stories. Some places will not allow parents to help and kids are to find eggs by themself's.

I can just imagine. I've seen these same moms nearly come to blows at sporting events.

That is why all moms should carry hand guns. :shifty:

That is why all moms should carry hand guns. :shifty:

After an Easter egg hunt or two we wouldn't have to worry about any more stories like this, would be. :D