Arrested Development Gets Official Netflix Premiere Date

beFdH.jpg

That noise you hear is the sound of Arrested Development fans clearing their schedules in late May.

Netflix announced early Thursday that the show?s upcoming fourth season will be available simultaneously on Sunday, May 26.

What?s more, the episode order has grown yet again, from 14 to 15 episodes.

As previously reported, each episode will focus on a single AD character (although other Bluths will weave in and out).

In addition to the core cast returning, guest stars on tap for the revival include Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Liza Minnelli (aka Lucille 2), Conan O?Brien, John Slattery (Mad Men), Chris Diamantopoulos (24), Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers) and Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris).

http://tvline.com/2013/04/04/arrested-development-netflix-release-date/

Bah. They originally said April, then suddenly changed it to May, and now it's the tail end of May? Oh well, at least we get it back for one more season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is-arrested-development-season-4-the-first-of-a-trio.jpg

Is 'Arrested Development' season 4 the first of a trio?

It hardly seems possible that we're just five days away from the return of Arrested Development, that woefully cancelled sitcom that is returning after seven long years. All fifteen half-hour episodes of the show's fourth season will premiere on Netflix this Sunday -- an exciting prospect for the show's ever-growing fanbase.

Of course, the fact that we'll be getting season 4 all at once already has some people asking, "Is that it?" There's no doubt that season 4 will leave us wanting a season 5, but Netflix is playing its cards close to the chest and refusing to allow whether or not the show has a future beyond its fourth season.

But given that Arrested Development's viewership will likely be the highest for any original content Netflix has done, let's just assume that they're open to the idea. Is creator Mitch Hurwitz? Or the show's cast?

Answer: probably. In fact, there seem to be plans for more Arrested Development already. Obviously there's the movie that's been discussed for years now. In a press conference for the show's return, Hurwitz mentioned that a movie was still part of the plan. But, according to star Jason Bateman, it's part of a "trio" that includes season 4.

So what's the third element of that trio? Another season of the series? The show's first three seasons? The press conference yielded no answers in that regard (and why would it?), but it should at least reassure fans that even after they stay up all night to marathon the eight hours of Arrested Development season 4, they still haven't seen the last of the Bluths.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6766/is-arrested-development-season-4-the-first-of-a-trio

I think even if they milked it, it would still be better than most of the comedy stuff on at the moment. Obviously im hoping for quality but kinda setting expectations low too, sometimes things just shouldnt come back for a reason, writers, actors etc change, not 100% guarantee that they recreate the original magic.

That being said cannot believe all episodes will be available on day 1 that is insanity!!!!!!!!! Wont be able to stop myself watching them in a matter of day(s)

Netflix unleashes four 'Arrested Development' shorts on eve of return

Though I?m sure it?s been said many time (in many ways) in the last few days, we are in ?The Final Countdown? until the return of ?Arrested Development.?

Season four (don?t call it that) premieres all at once Sunday on Netflix. That?s 15 brand-new episodes, with each reportedly concentrating on a single character.

Critics haven?t gotten screeners and not a lot of footage has been revealed, save one outtake and a trailer.

Now the streaming service has sent four new videos out into the world featuring Maeby (played by Alia Shawkat), Lindsay (Portia de Rossi), Lucille (Jessica Walter), George Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor) and Gob (Will Arnett).

?Arrested Development? ran for three seasons on Fox, ending in 2006. Though its ratings didn?t set the world afire, the comedy developed a devoted cult following that clamored for its return from the moment of its demise. Now, the show will return, with its entire original cast intact. Let?s all hope the new episodes (and supposed latter film) are good, and that they haven?t made a huge mistake.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6837/netflix-unleashes-four-arrested-development-shorts-on-eve-of-return

Just re-watched the last few episodes of Season 3. I am ready for the Bluth's return.

It honestly dumbfounds me that this show was ever even cancelled.

Truly some of the smartest writing in the history of television period.

Cannot wait to wake up tomorrow morning and start the marathon. :punk:

Just re-watched the last few episodes of Season 3. I am ready for the Bluth's return.

It honestly dumbfounds me that this show was ever even cancelled.

Truly some of the smartest writing in the history of television period.

Cannot wait to wake up tomorrow morning and start the marathon. :punk:

No group of people are more qualified at getting good shows cancelled than the fine people at Fox marketing.

I'm making a marathon on the seasons 1-3 as I haven't seen this show before. Gotta say, I'm 4 episodes in on season 1 and I'm really struggling to enjoy this show. I really want to like it, but it's a bit shaky so far :/