New 'budget iPhone' snaps circulate online

Budget-iPhone-Bond_1704791a.jpg

RUMOURS of a new ?budget iPhone? were circulating this morning after snaps of what it might look like were released online.

It is thought Apple have been looking at ways of breaking into the low-cost smartphone market to take on manufacturers like Samsung and HTC.

Budget-iPhone-Bond_1704787a.jpg

And these latest snaps ? by designer Nickolay Lamm ? suggest the company may revert back to the translucent design used on its iconic iMac G3 from 1998.

iMac_1704799a.jpg

Part of the reason the original iMac design was so popular is that it helped de-mystify the technology and make it less scary to consumers.

Budget-iPhone-Lime_1704790a.jpg

And it is thought the same technique could be used to rope in new customers to Apple at the low end of the smartphone market.

Budget-iPhone-Ruby_1704789a.jpg

Writing on myvouchercodes.co.uk ? the website that commissioned the snaps ? designer Nickolay Lamm said: ?Before the iMac, computers were all in a box shape and in gray color.

Budget-iPhone-Tang_1704788a.jpg

?The ability to see inside the computer made the device seem less mysterious and much more personal.?

Source: http://www.thesun.co...ate-online.html

>>

?The ability to see inside the computer made the device seem less mysterious and much more personal.?<<

I don't know about that ridiculous statement, but I'm pretty sure these will be a smash hit. I do think the UI is ready for an overhaul, not a lot but the screen is kind of bland and bland and boring now. Other than that, looks good. Kudos to Apple.

Not having a standard iPhone connector will keep demand for the higher end models as iPhone has the more great phone peripherals than anyone and they use the proprietary connector.

Give me a phone with a ****ing keypad,and an SD card slot, then I MIGHT be interested.

Untill then, I'd rather get an ordinary smart phone and car with the change.