Please remove the ability to "like" our own posts!

It is very annoying seeing "1 other liked this comment" everywhere due to people liking their own comments, it biases which posts we concentrate our attention to.

It only happens for frontpage articles like this: http://www.neowin.ne...ext-xbox-reveal

The real question is, WHY do you care about how many if any or who if any liked a post ? why is that even a part of your bias of why you read a post ?

Oh, so you can! Doesn't really matter though does it? I mean, i personally don't give greater weight to a comment that happens to have one extra like.

The real question is, WHY do you care about how many if any or who if any liked a post ? why is that even a part of your bias of why you read a post ?

If there's 50 comments and i don't have enough time to read them all i might only read the ones that have 1 or more likes.

I have not liked a single post here...but it is funny if people are liking their own posts. I go by the content of the post...not the amount of likes. A lot post immature/silly things and it is also amusing to see how many likes those posts get as well. Seems the mature/thoughtful posts get less likes than the immature/rude/troll posts. Kinda tells you about some of the people who post here. But anyway, again, I dont go by the likes.

So your inferring vote rigging tut tut not even the Guberment thought of that......

On a serious not you should really try to read at least the majority of comments as you may find yourself posting the same slander as someone already has.

You can't really deny the like function, much like a +1 or upvote etc has a byproduct of directing peoples attentions so I understand the OP's comment but on the same token I don't think a few people liking their own comments on news articles is causing a major swing in where your attention would be directed if you are heavily going off those.

You know you are sad when you like yourself. :D

Yeah, well all know self-loathing is much more trendy.

• 2 weeks later...