Can't access Live Account = Can't use XBL

Hi All,

I'm having this problem with Microsoft and I'm not sure what sub-form to post this in (Windows, Xbox or Live??)

Anyways, I've had an Xbox live account for years. About a year and a half ago, my Xbox RROD'd and I didn't do anything since it was well past 3 years old and I have a PS3. Long story short, I got myself a new Xbox recently and put in my old hard drive on it.

Works just fine... until I go to hook up to Xbox Live. System logs in, dashboard updates, then reboots. Starts back up, then it asks me for my Xbox Live password -- enter it, says it's invalid.

I'm stumped, so I jump online, and try there. Same thing. Reset the password -- go to the reset link in my email and reset my password. Still can't log in online or on my xbox.

So I post in the Microsoft forms about the issue.

This is the response:

Due to prolonged inactivity, the account went to a ?Reserved? state. Please be advised that if you want to continue using the account, we must delete it in our end for it to be readily available for sign up. But please be noted that deleting the account means that the Live ID and any subscription or points with Xbox Live associated with it will be gone or voided.

So essentially, my account still exists (as I can still see my gamertag and all), but there is no way for me to access it or log into it. And if I want to log into it, they delete my account, so I lose everything.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? This can't be right.

I would call MS, speaking to someone will probably get you further than forums and emails if you explain what you will lose etc, you might get an understanding call worker

Yes call them in person, because their official policy is 18 months of inactivity means the account is abandoned. They figure you're not interested, and if you suddenly show up they may suspect you're hijacking the account.

Not very friendly and I totally understand, but its like the bank...