Teen commits suicide after alleged rape, bullying

This is something I often wonder.

I have met many a girl who has told me they were "raped", but I wonder if at the time of the sexual activity, they wanted it or at least were "okay" with it happening. Then, a few hours, days, weeks whatever later, they decide they didn't want it and then call it rape.

It's only rape if you didn't want it at the time... you can't change your mind later!

That is why most civilized societies don't allow children to consent to sex.

A screw up or not, no one deserves the treatment she ended up getting. :(

Someone should have been there to help her...

I agree and it makes me wonder where her parents were this whole time.

I agree and it makes me wonder where her parents were this whole time.

Or the parents of the rapists? Or the school administration? Or law enforcement?

according to various other sources the police looked into it as a rape charge but it was dropped due to the videos/pictures pointing to consent being given. of course people in your school are gonna consider you a disgusting person if you hang around with people of the drug culture, get the word f*** you tattooed on your hand and go to parties for group sex, this isnt even the beginning of it, one look at her twitter feed and you see her butt naked with weed on her back and various pictures of her drunk and high. obviously she was not some angel. her grades were leaked as well and it showed her failing them. people like her need to stop being portrayed by the media like some precious snowflake. No they acted like ****ty people and when reality hit that others didnt like them for it they get super upset for it like they should be treated special for acting like that. no thats not how society works.

edit: forgot link to twitter feed https://twitter.com/...nsxo/media/grid

I'm pretty sure that isn't her naked butt, I mean she could have a hairy ass but it seems like a stretch

• Like 2

Using drugs is silly but it doesn't mean she deserved to die for it. Some of you are truly disgusting human beings.

• Like 2

Heard about this on the radio. Apparently Anonymous issued a statement saying that those responsible for the abuse turn themselves in to authorities.

Found their statement online:

Operation Justice For Rehtaeh ?- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Anonymous engaged #OpJustice4Rataeh this morning in response to the suicide of Rehtaeh Parsons. Justice Minister Ross Landy says that it is important for Nova Scotians to have faith in their justice system. Mr. Landy, justice is in your hands.

Anonymous has confirmed the identities of two of the four alleged rapists. We are currently confirming a third and it is only a matter of time before the fourth is identified as well.

Our demands are simple: We want the N.S. RCMP to take immediate legal action against the individuals in question. We encourage you to act fast. If we were able to locate these boys within 2 hours, it will not be long before someone else finds them.

We do not approve of vigilante justice as the media claims. That would mean we approve of violent actions against these rapists at the hands of an unruly mob. What we want is justice. And That?s your job. So do it.

The names of the rapists will be kept until it is apparent you have no intention of providing justice to Retaeh?s family. Please be aware that there are other groups of Anons also attempting to uncover this information and they may not to wish to wait at all. Better act fast.

Be aware that we will be organizing large demonstrations outside of your headquarters. The rapists will be held accountable for their actions. You will be held accountable for your failure to act.

That is all

Source

edit:

Apparently Anon found a confession plus full information about those involved from one of the boys that was part of it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/12/anonymous-rehtaeh-parsons-rape-confession_n_3069945.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

In a statement released Friday, Anonymous says it has seen "several public statements" from one of the alleged rapists admitting that he had sex with Parsons while she was intoxicated and that she threw up during the assault.
  • Like 2

Bullying can be a crime, PM says as Halifax vigil honours Rehtaeh Parsons

Stephen Harper is speaking out on the tragic death of a Nova Scotia teenager, saying bullying is more than kids acting up ? in some cases it is criminal activity.

The Prime Minister lauded the Nova Scotia government for considering reopening the case surrounding the attempted suicide and death of 17-year-old Rehtaeh Parsons.

?I think we?ve got to stop using just the term bullying to describe some of these things,? Mr. Harper said Thursday. ?Bullying to me has a kind of connotation of kids misbehaving. What we are dealing with in some of these circumstances is simply criminal activity. It is youth criminal activity. It is sexual criminal activity. And it is often Internet criminal activity.?