Bigelow Aerospace updates: thread 2

5 minutes ago, Beittil said:

Note for Bigelow: Make a controlbox without backlight on the display :D

or at least put IPS on that thing -squints-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unobscured Vision said:

What'd I miss?! :D *fires up NASA-TV*

Not really much...until about an hour ago.  You can get on YouTube and rewind it....that is when they were like ... F it ... we're going for it. 

• Like 1

Some have inflated our tires, painted the deck, made popcorn and inflated pool noodles...almost there.....:woot:

• Like 1

Hmm, is it just me or... I expected it to have looked tighter tbh! If it is on full pressure... it looks like it could still pop out a bit more if somebody gave it a push from the inside! The left side looks much tighter than the right side.

Ahh good. :) The "ultra-conservative" 1-second and half-second bursts of air were not helpful ... as we likely figured.

And how appropriate is this ... "Black Magic Woman" by Santana is playing on my Pandora mix. :yes: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beittil said:

Hmm, is it just me or... I expected it to have looked tighter tbh! If it is on full pressure... it looks like it could still pop out a bit more if somebody gave it a push from the inside! The left side looks much tighter than the right side.

Agreed, it doesn't look...finished. I guess that could be the promo shots vs what we can actually see, however pressurising could change it a lot.

oh...that is it?  For some reason I thought it would look smoother. :)

This.....

Capture.JPG

Doesn't really look like this....

beam-flight-render-highres.jpg

But cool deal anyway. :)  Just thought that last minute pressurization was going to make it look more like the above picture.   Looks don't matter though...lightweight, expandable modules are definitely the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

oh...that is it?  For some reason I thought it would look smoother. :)

This.....

Capture.JPG

Doesn't really look like this....

beam-flight-render-highres.jpg

But cool deal anyway. :)  Just thought that last minute pressurization was going to make it look more like the above picture.   Looks don't matter though...lightweight, expandable modules are definitely the future.

Yeah, it's missing the outer cloth cover. Likely they want to be able to view BEAM without it during the duration of the test. That cover isn't critical, so eh.

Yeah, it's missing the outer cloth cover. Likely they want to be able to view BEAM without it during the duration of the test. That cover isn't critical, so eh.

-slaps head- I forgot about the outer cover! that explains it :)

• Like 1

Thanks. Didn't even think about that. 

• Like 1

Kind of looks like a spherical Nevada ticket....space size

OK , I'll stop

NASA tv going off air now...

• Like 1