**The thread for all James Bond fans

Could we get a sticky for this one?

this thread is for all fans of James Bond movies from Sean Connery till today's Daniel Craig. Doesn't matter what generation you like, this Is your thread!

Talk about the movies, characters, where were you when your favorite movie came out etc.. everything Bond...James Bond!

I'll start this off. I'm personally a (sir) Roger Moore generation bond fan. however i do enjoy watching the other generations. I was born July 1968 and started watching bond movies circa 1976.

Pierce Brosnan wasn't too bad either. I'm aware at the outrage over Daniel Craig s portrayal of 007 but I have not seen his movies as yet.

But I think Ian Fleming did a smashing job as well at creating this series as did the movie producers..

link to the movies at wikipedia

Cheers my fellow fans!

Chris

P.S. at the time of this writing, I'm watching "the spy who loved me" (Sir Roger Moore)

james-bond-height-chart1.jpg

I'm aware at the outrage over Daniel Craig s portrayal of 007 but I have not seen his movies as yet

So you're a Bond fan, yet haven't watched the 3 recent films? And your favourite was the schlocky (IMHO) Roger Moore... Oh dear ;(

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Brosnan, thought Lazenby could have been given more to work with and been ok, HATE Moore, liked Connery, wasn't taken by Timothy Dalton but felt his portrayal was possibly closer to Flemming's original idea. For my money, Daniel Craig is up there with Connery...

• Like 1

So you're a Bond fan, yet haven't watched the 3 recent films? And your favourite was the schlocky (IMHO) Roger Moore... Oh dear ;(

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Brosnan, thought Lazenby could have been given more to work with and been ok, HATE Moore, liked Connery, wasn't taken by Timothy Dalton but felt his portrayal was possibly closer to Flemming's original idea. For my money, Daniel Craig is up there with Connery...

no sorry. I plan to, I should have mentioned that.

I heard Skyfall is supposed to be the best from people I have spoken to.

I never knew about lanzby until recently. I am more of a traditional bond fan but an delving into learning about the series, books and movies..

This...IMO Craig is how Bond should be, more Bourne like.

I like that bourne idea you have.. I'm just old school sometimes..

Moore is NOT old-school, he's about as far away from the original idea of Bond that you can get - turning him into an absolute parody of the character. Dalton was very much the cold killer Bond, but without the charm. Brosnan had the charm but none of the killer. Craig and Connery are both kinda down the middle. I would say Craig and Connery are evenly matched but from very different time periods.

Lazenby doesn't get a look in because he had 1 film, which didn't allow him to really explore the character.

As for Skyfall, it was amazing, but I wonder if too much of a "Look, I'm old-school" wet dream...

This...IMO Craig is how Bond should be, more Bourne like.

I just thought of something. The reason for the suave' james bond type was to compliment the bond girls. Being a bond girl became a huge issue. some careers were attributed to some of the girls being bond girls