Hunting for new Sound setup

Hi all

Im looking at the following USB Sound card, now i know i wont get the same quiality that i would with a pci one but im on a budget so it will have to do lol

Im looking at this card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Labs-70SB109500002-Blaster-Surround/dp/B0042RUEQW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365990531&sr=8-1&keywords=Creative+Labs+70SB109500002

Now at the moment i have some Creative Inspire T7900's but i also want to replace my speakers, what are a good inexpensive 5.1 setup these days?

Thanks

anyone? or does everyone just post the the random image tread these days?

lol!! Good one. Maybe it would have been easier for you to get a response if you posted that picture of the external soundcard in the random pictures thread.

Hi all

Im looking at the following USB Sound card, now i know i wont get the same quiality that i would with a pci one but im on a budget so it will have to do lol

Im looking at this card: http://www.amazon.co...s+70SB109500002

Now at the moment i have some Creative Inspire T7900's but i also want to replace my speakers, what are a good inexpensive 5.1 setup these days?

Thanks

Such helpful folks around here... *sigh*

Your statement about "not as good quality" isn't entirely accurate. In fact, a USB DAC is usually the best way to get "audiophile" sound out of your pc. A sound card attenuates output audio in a way that most audio components would not, leaving you with less detail by decreasing the line level sent to the amplifier. If you go with a usb dac (digital -> analog converter) your sound quality will be better because it will receive a consistent line level. I'm not sure I've seen many good options for this in a 5.1 setup, though.

Can I ask what the reason for the upgrade is? The card you have is pretty reasonable.