Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

It's a very sad situation..my thoughts go out to all of the people directly affected by this tragedy

I do wish the "analysts" on these news programs would quit calling these explosions "small",,yes, they were small bombs but they were set off with a lot of people around and clearly were exploded with the thinking of taking out as many people as possible, It's a horrible situation and when these analysts call these "small" explosions they minimize the effects they have on the people who were in the bomb blast... I saw a person being wheeled out who had lost his legs..I don't think he would consider these explosions as "small"

• Like 3

Stupid political/debate posts can and will be removed without notice. This topic is for discussion of the news topic, not to debate your political views on any specific news channel, view of guns/bombs/drones etc.

It's a very sad situation..my thoughts go out to all of the people directly affected by this tragedy

I do wish the "analysts" on these news programs would quit calling these explosions "small",,yes, they were small bombs but they were set off with a lot of people around and clearly were exploded with the thinking of taking out as many people as possible, It's a horrible situation and when these analysts call these "small" explosions they minimize the effects they have on the people who were in the bomb blast... I saw a person being wheeled out who had lost his legs..I don't think he would consider these explosions as "small"

Describing them as "small" gives context to the scale of the explosions. Just because they are small doesn't mean they are any less deadly or serious, as evidenced by this attack. A small gas leak can kill hundreds of people but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be referred to as "small". Nobody is trying to downplay the seriousness of this attack - in fact a lot of the media is trying to do the opposite.

Sources say the man under arrest is a 20 y/o Saudi national who has a shrapnel wound.

Also seems they may have been set off by cell phones. Boston taking down cell services.

That and 2 bombs together, one after the other to get stampeding people with the second device, is an AQ signature.

• Like 2

BH7CUZVCQAA8Gou.jpg

Times Square currently. Courtesy of Twitter

Wow - they aren't taking any chances. That's a good thing though. It is sad we have to go crazy when stuff like this happens, but how angry would we be if they didn't do that and something did happen.

As for the bomb/fire at the library, the networks are finally getting behind the

fire story. They are, however, finding a series of bombs along the Marathon

route. How the hell does someone plant that many bombs along a known

Event route without being noticed??

video just before the explosion Warning*** Graphic**** view at own risk

http://www.boston.co...d=2303076923001

The audio is equally disturbing, hearing the screams go from surprise to pain and fear..

Then watching event staff trying to bust through barriers to get to people..

Note, it is VERY graphic. There is a lot of blood.

As for the bomb/fire at the library, the networks are finally getting behind the

Apparently bomb sniffing dogs were out. So we should just remain calm and find out how this happened. It's not like we were unaware this event was a high probability target. There will be time for that later. Right now we need to pray for the victims and their families.

Boston Police just flat out denied any suspects in custody. No suspects have been identified.

Possible Guantanamo exports?

{That wasn't sarcasm, btw.}

Sources say the man under arrest is a 20 y/o Saudi national who has a shrapnel wound.

Also seems they may have been set off by cell phones. Boston taking down cell services.

That and 2 bombs together, one after the other to get stampeding people with the second device, is an AQ signature.

That proves nothing. The info is available on the internet AND has been widely discussed. It could have been anyone that is responsible.

Speculating is just feeding the fear machine.

• Like 1

This was an act of terrorism but either demostic or non-demostic! Not to speculate, North Korea has been issuing consistant threats against us and today they are celebrating their founder's birthday as well. It is very possible North Korea could have planned and executed the explosions! Only someone or something pure evil would have done this! Someone or something was planning this for awhile also!

I have not seen anything that suggests that they have confirmed additional bombs, I believe they are using controlled explosions to clear out any remaining backpacks/packages that were left behind when people started running.