Samsung probed for allegedly bashing rival HTC online

source

Supposedly, the South Korean tech giant hired students to both write the inflammatory comments about HTC products and also recommend Samsung cell phones. The commission says that this type of behavior is akin to false advertising. According to AFP, the Fair Trade Commission spokesman Sun Lih-chyun said, "The case was set up last week after we received complaints."

For its part, Samsung has said that what happened was "unfortunate" and it occurred because there was "insufficient understanding" of the "fundamental principles" of the company's online procedures. The company also said that it has stopped all marketing that "involves the posting of anonymous comments."

this is so sad. samsung acting as cheap as the design and look and feel of their galaxy devices. i never liked this company and always was a htc guy, now even more. next phone will be a HTC for sure.

I'm right the opposite. I had a very bad HTC experience and would never own one again. On the other hand, my Note 2 is the best phone I've ever owned.

That said, what Samsung did here was very wrong.

please, read "supposedly" in the article; sincerely i think if Samsung would do this would be to Apple since it's their's biggest competitor.