Disney Announces 'Star Wars' Film Every Summer Starting in 2015

It sounds like not only is Disney making the projects summer 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII a reality, but their presentation at CinemaCon revealed that they plan on releasing a Star Wars film every summer following that. The releases will alternate between the milestone episodes of the new trilogy and the standalone films that have been confirmed to be in the works. There were rumblings that the standalone films would be released between Episodes VII, VIII and IX, but this is the first we've heard from Disney about their plans to release a new Star Wars film every year following Episode VII in 2015.

Details have been scarce as of late on any new Star Wars projects, but we have heard rumblings of films focusing on the likes of Master Yoda, and also sworn enemies Han Solo and Boba Fett. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are said to be working on two of the standalone films, and confirmation of that news came straight from Disney in February. Now we just have to play the waiting game and see what stories come out of this new venture for Disney. We're hoping Comic-Con has some surprises this summer, especially since J.J. Abrams will be focusing on Star Wars fiercely once Star Trek Into Darkness arrives next month, but Disney's D23 convention might be the place to get the real good stuff.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/disney-announces-star-wars-film-every-summer-starting-in-2015/

Don't care. Original trilogy and the new trilogy (because CGI is fun) - that's where I draw the line. Too much is too much. Not to mention inevitable retcons, new plot holes, new actors playing known characters and generally too much crap to handle.

Marvel is already getting overexposed so I guess this will follow. Probably will be bad for the brand in the long run even if they're still making a lot of money right now as people end up becoming burnt out.

Pixar has gone down as well. I couldn't even make it through the last 2 from them.

They sure aren't dragging their feet when it comes to milking that titty.

I guess they ran out of Pirate movie ideas. :s

I think they announced a new pirates trilogy.