So found this a few days ago. Someone mentioned playing it on reddit post and was curious to what they were talking about. So I grabbed the demo, wanted more grabbed the full from the net. I only mention that because how great the game is, I ordered it a few hours later, I knew I had to to support this game!

Now they have had some outages lately, and the forum is still offline - but should be up today from the site.

I did a search for ksp and kerbal on the forum and did not find anything, I don't normally post in this area - have not been a real gamer for years and years. But this one had me hooked, I can see building colonies, sending probes to the outer planets, etc. etc..

Its not your action type shoot um up, etc. But more of a free form whatever you want to make out of it sort of thing. There is talk of career mode, etc Looking forward to that, etc.

But thought I would post here to see if any neowins are into this game, play it, heard of it, have tips, etc.. etc..

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

btw - it plays on pc, mac or linux.

post-14624-0-70662000-1366247818.jpg

I've seen a lot of let's play videos on youtube on this game. It looks really cool, I may just have to grab it off steam and give it a whirl.

Yea it is quite addicting, trying to find the correct combo of parts and what not to actually get a rocket off the ground and in to space. I've definitely enjoyed playing it in between the random "out of memory" crashes.

I have not had any "out of memory" issues or even crashes of any sort with it, I was running 1.18.4 and then when bought it running 1.19.1 currently - neither seemed to crash. But yeah there is clearly a learning curve and going to take a while getting up to speed with how to design and fly the ships. I have landed on mun, but my poor kerbs got stranded ;) Not a good landing, and not sure had enough fuel to get back anyway.

But I got to walk around on the mun, a major feat!!! They gave their lives for the future space program, someone should write a mod on creating a monuments to the Kerbals that die in the quest to explore ;)

As I get up to speed, I might have to do that..

I, too, have enjoyed some youtube videos of this and find it fascinating. I'll definitely be buying this in the coming week or so. Would be cool to see what you all come up with in terms of builds.

And BudMan, that mod idea sounds great!

I have not had any "out of memory" issues or even crashes of any sort with it, I was running 1.18.4 and then when bought it running 1.19.1 currently - neither seemed to crash. But yeah there is clearly a learning curve and going to take a while getting up to speed with how to design and fly the ships. I have landed on mun, but my poor kerbs got stranded ;) Not a good landing, and not sure had enough fuel to get back anyway.

But I got to walk around on the mun, a major feat!!! They gave their lives for the future space program, someone should write a mod on creating a monuments to the Kerbals that die in the quest to explore ;)

As I get up to speed, I might have to do that..

Yea. It's a weird issue I've been seeing in other places as well. Oh well.

Also +1 to the mod idea.

I've been playing it since like 0.13 0.8 or something, it's great to see how they're progressing.

My two main accomplishments so far was smashing a manned probe into Minim?s, and getting a "rocket" made entirely out of RCS tanks and thrusters into a stable orbit.

Edit: Found a post of me talking about the game from August 2011, so a fair bit longer than I originally remembered :laugh:

I have not had any issues with it from a crashing aspect. I do believe if you read this blog post

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

Expansions, DLC and the future of KSP

if you purchase before end of April you will be listed as getting all expansion that ever happen

"So given that this was a point of confusion, and that we believe that no matter what, a promise is a promise, we are including Expansions in what you can expect to get for free if you have already bought the game. Also, for those considering purchasing the game, we will maintain this promise for all purchases made until the end of this month (April, 2013)."

Read the blog post - but if your thinking of buying - I would do it before end of this month, sounds like if you do you will get free any and all expansions, updates, etc.. etc.. If you do after this month, you might not get any expansion type packs if they are ever done.

I've been enjoying for about a week now, it's brilliant fun. I'm currently working on my "international space station". I have the core and part 1 in orbit with a satellite around Kerbin.

Yeah I have my first part of my station up too - but have not docked anything with it yet. Docking is going to be a required skill to master for longer missions, refuel, etc. etc.

with a modified template i did a half an orbit, im trying to go to the Mun but its giving me a hard time, any ideas? i am aware of the wsad controls but its a tad frustrating

So, just how stable is this thing, im considering spending the $23.00

The only crashes I experience are my own ships :rofl:

• Like 3

Yeah there are some very helpful youtube tutorials - also the forums are back online, they lost some content and user accounts, etc.. But they are back and activity is picking up quite fast. Been reading through them there is a lot of great info there!!

You can find the forum link off the main page ksp page

Just one more launch .......annnnnd it's dawn.

Let me strap another SRB on this thing and i will get it into a better orbit since I'll have more fuel in space....i say this every time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Started building a space station, got a starting peice up but ran out of fuel to get it into a good orbit :(

KCtIPma.png

9kpOWdF.jpg

A8Ve7X8.jpg

Space walk :p

RAGE :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

i had built a few things in the game and it took me forever to get anything to launch, didnt know you had to unlock it or whatever lol.