How to Kick AIDS Away?

There are some of people on the planet who can never get infected by HIV. Have you guys ever heard of this?

yes, there have been quite a few people who are imuned or have had hiv and there body defeated it. And I am sure there are millions out there who will never know. Actually, if you find out you are one of these people they will pay you big bucks to check out your antigen markers. Thats the beauty of evolution, always slight variations in everything

Yeah like half the people on neowin,

Because they will never ever have the opportunity to exchange bodily fluids with any female/male alive,

Unless they can meet antoher pasty white freak

Damn your life is soo soo sad. Pasty white freak you.... :p

j/k

Yeah like half the people on neowin,

Because they will never ever have the opportunity to exchange bodily fluids with any female/male alive,

Unless they can meet antoher pasty white freak

whats that supposed to mean? r u the uber hump bad man with all the kama sutra knowledge?

Your post makes no sense.  They had sex or whatever while he was in office.  What does his affair have to do with preventing AIDS?  That's like saying the Viet Nam war was started because of JFK's affair with Marilyn Monroe.

If you wanna blame someone, blame Ronald Reagan and his administration for ignoring AIDS the first few years that doctors and scientists knew about it.  Who knows what progress in finding a cure would've been made if something had been done right away?

Wasn't my post to which you refer, but Clinton *might* not be the best role model for some in being able to speak of one's "intimate" relations and how to live with awareness of the various potential consequences.

On the *other* hand, he *may* have more direct, personal knowledge of the severely unexpected negative consequences that can occur from one's personal "relations", and some people do simply learn best by their own trial-and-error, with personal experience being one of the most valued voices of all.

Personally, if Clinton's now out for AIDS prevention/cure, just hope he consistently devotes his energies and resources to such over just giving it lip service in one context. All the more power to him if he can become a new, vocal consistent spokesperson for curing/preventing AIDS for as long as it takes. I'd "respect" him a ton if he can continually stick on top of such things for years.

[For what it's worth, don't know that Reagan and crew could have known what AIDS was when it first hit. Kind of like West Nile Virus now. Might be a global disaster in a couple decades, but there's nothing to indicate global panic or something that's going to go totally out of control for the time being, and there are certainly other, more clearly significant priorities right now.]

If you wanna blame someone, blame Ronald Reagan and his administration for ignoring AIDS the first few years that doctors and scientists knew about it.  Who knows what progress in finding a cure would've been made if something had been done right away?

I doubt that would have done anything. We've known about it for what....20 years now? Still nothing significant except not having bad meat in the can.

New Review:

US cracks the Structure of HIV antibody, HIV vaccine is possible

HIV is a master of camouflaging itself in virus family. Its sugar coat can protect itsself to dodge immune system. But there are a few people have a special antibody which can recognize the camouflage of HIV, and then attack the virus. An international group of scientists has cracked the structure of the special antibody, thus offering a clue to reaserch and make new HIV vaccine.

The antigen is called "2G12"....

Edited by JohnsonBox

And I think that pumping the body full of cyanide will also do the same trick.

Hmmm....that is dangerous. Don't you know ozone can kill 99.9% HIV while it is almost safe to human being?

But ozone also has its side effect, that is, it can cause blood vessel sclerosis or something similar... sad.

@Spyder: the original article is written in Chinese.

Ah good dave has offered one...

Random thought:

If/when AIDS is eventually cured, are people going to get more reckless anew with their "personal" behavior, and is it likely yet a new severe disease will eventually start to spread?

I mean, AIDS technically must have been around prior for decades/centuries at least, yet it was only over the last couple of decades it became an epidemic and was something people started more regularly passing from one to another, whatever the method.

Is there other stuff hiding, or would it all have turned up by now? Do we only have to fear things we already know exist when it comes to STDs?

Random thought:

If/when AIDS is eventually cured, are people going to get more reckless anew with their "personal" behavior

i wondered the exact same thing. if AIDS is cured, will people become relaxed with safe sex practices and not use condoms as often as they did back before AIDS?

If that happens, I think you're right poind..the very real possibility is there for AIDS to be replaced by some new killer disease

Nature strives for balance. The important thing (and the greatest obstacle) is that if we can cure AIDS then we have a very good basis for curing/fighting all virii which would be a huge step forward for medicine. 'Safe sex' practices would for the most part be irrelevent.

Random thought:

If/when AIDS is eventually cured, are people going to get more reckless anew with their "personal" behavior, and is it likely yet a new severe disease will eventually start to spread?

I mean, AIDS technically must have been around prior for decades/centuries at least, yet it was only over the last couple of decades it became an epidemic and was something people started more regularly passing from one to another, whatever the method.

Is there other stuff hiding, or would it all have turned up by now? Do we only have to fear things we already know exist when it comes to STDs?

Makes one think about a curse on immorality, eh?

Just a thought. :)