PlayStation Plus: Your May update (AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ)

Hi everyone! It?s that time of the month again when we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in May.

As usual, there are three new PS3 games and two for PS Vita in the line-up for May, as well as awesome titles such as The Cave, Lord of The Rings War in the North, Virtue?s Last Reward and Thomas Was Alone already available.

New PlayStation 3 content

In case you missed the announcement in the Declassified Sale post last week, I?m very happy to reveal that as of 1st May, for one month only, you can download Square Enix?s action-packed blockbusterHitman Absolution as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription!

It has been seven long years since Hitman: Blood Money graced the PS2 but Agent 47 is finally back and more lethal than ever in the explosive fifth instalment in the series. Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and thrilling game design, Hitman: Absolution combines classic gameplay with features never seen before in the franchise.

8650683241_99b685ec1f.jpg

Also dropping into the service on 1st May is Deep Silver?s acclaimed psychological puzzle adventureCatherine. The game tells the fascinating story of Vincent, an average guy who meets the mysterious Catherine and spends the night with her. With strange dream-related deaths taking place all over the city Vincent begins to have nightmares of his own. Not only must he fight for his survival but also must make the tough decision between his girlfriend Katherine and the beautiful yet potentially deadly Catherine.

I really don?t think I can do this game justice with words ? it?s a masterpiece, so make sure you check it out while it?s in Plus!

8651781322_08c5e56ea5.jpg

Your final PS3 offering for the month is the action-packed adventure Malicious. You?ll take on the role of a ?spirit vessel? summoned into the world by the Prophets to vanquish evil. Armed with the Mantle of Cinders ? a cloak that can absorb power from destroyed objects and shift form ? you wage battle with the Malicious.

And last but certainly not least, we?re very happy to announce that on 15th May you will be able to download Velocity Ultra. Many of you may well remember the phenomenal mini title Velocity, developed by our very talented friends at FutureLab. This new version of the game really takes full advantage of the PS Vita?s capabilities, adding trophies, online scoreboards and HD graphics!

For a closer look at all this month?s games, check out our full recap video:

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on a range of other titles including 60% off Back to The Future, 60% off Beyond Good and Evil and 60% off Oddworld: Stranger?s Wrath HD. We?ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus in May:

1st May: Okami HD

1st May: F1 Race Stars

1st May: Quantum Conundrum

8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue?s Last Reward

22nd May: Thomas Was Alone

Entering PS Plus in May:

1st May: Hitman Absolution

1st May: Catherine

1st May: Malicious

8th May: Sine Mora

15th May: Velocity Ultra HD

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you?ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection, available for a one-off payment of just ?39.99.

Remember, if you?ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

http://blog.eu.plays...our-may-update/

Just an FYI, the pasted text is formatted black, making it impossible to read on the darker themes. I've clicked the link though to read it there

god damn it. OK. Edited, and checked with the darkside theme, it seems to be fine now. Thanks for the heads up :)

Hitman Absolution by itself would make this an amazing update, but Catherine as well? It's awesome. This is why I upgraded from 500GB to 1TB, so many great games. My old HDD only had 40GB free.

Damn, damn. I need to somehow switch my account to an EU one. You guys DEFINITELY get the better games!

Damn, damn. I need to somehow switch my account to an EU one. You guys DEFINITELY get the better games!

I'm afraid that isn't possible. You could sign up for a EU account, but you'd have to pay for a second PS+ :p