Only God Forgives

MOVIE TRAILERScon-rss-v2.giftumblr-mini90vert-trailerlogov1.png

Watch: Two Stellar Trailers for Refn's Cannes Film 'Only God Forgives'

by Alex Billington

April 18, 2013

Source:

OnlyGodForgivesTrailersCannestsr2.jpg

"Time to meet the devil." Have mercy! Yes, yes, yes. It was officially announced today that Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives, shot in Thailand starring Ryan Gosling and Kristin Scott Thomas, will be premiering at the Cannes Film Festival next month. Fest director Thierry Fr?maux called the film "radical and punk, do not expect Drive 2" during the press conference. Two new international, uncut, red band-level trailers have just hit the web and they're both must watch. I am flipping out over the trailers for this film. Pardon my French, but they're ****ing fantastic! The music, the shots, everything. Cannot wait to see this!

Here's the two new trailers for Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives, found on

/Vimeo:

Julian (Ryan Gosling) lives in exile in Bangkok where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for the family?s drugs smuggling operation. When Julian?s brother Billy is killed their mother, Jenna (Kristen Scott Thomas), arrives in the city. She wants revenge and forces Julian to find the killer. Julian?s contacts in the criminal underworld lead him to The Angel of Vengeance, a retired police officer who knows everything and acts as both Judge and Punisher. Jenna demands that Julian kill The Angel of Vengeance, an act that will cost him dearly. Nicolas Winding Refn writes and directs Only God Forgives, arriving sometime this year after premiering at the Cannes Film Festival in May.

Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok's criminal underworld, sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother's recent death.

Really looking forward to this.... as long as Gosling will show some type of emotion over wooden board :p That's my only gripe about Drive, the main character was so unrelatable and had no emotions. Looks like this though will be much better.

I wish they would have given the Old Boy remake to this director.

• 1 month later...

I'll check it out when it's out. Hopefully this isn't another 'Drive' , I know, same director and all.

• 2 weeks later...

So you don't want it to be really good?

Everyone's taste is different, I don't prefer what I saw in Drive.