My small review of Gran Turismo 5

I have played Gran Turismo since the very first game. I loved Gran Turismo 1, but Gran Turismo 2 was a little better because it had more cars like BMW etc and new tracks added. Gran Turismo 3 was absolutely excellent with the beautiful graphics, good amount of cars, many tracks, awesome music, and it was a big change from the PS1's graphics. Gran Turismo 4 had slightly better graphics, alot more cars, tracks and alot more fun things to do and introduced El Capitan and the ocean courses. I have never played GT 5 Prologue though.

Small Review

Gran Turismo 5 is a fun game, it has photo quality realistic graphics, it has nice multiplayer, GT5 also has photo travel, museum, arcade mode, simulation mode, tuning, GT auto. Gran Turismo 5 also has all these great online events and special events. The Tracks and premium cars look absolutely stunning and you can not tell the difference between a real car and a GT5 premium car! My gripes about GT5 are, it takes forever to load into races, Polyphony upscaled and ported tons of cars from Gran Turismo 4 into the game aka standard cars which is very disappointing, it has HUGE updates also, and lastly the music isnt as great as GT4 or GT3's music.

Gran Turimso 5 is a fun and excellent looking game, and I love playing it, but I hope Gran Turismo 6 will add all the tracks from all the previous games, and upscale all the standard cars, add more music, and cut the loading times from little to none.

• Like 1

I hope they include all these tracks! BTW all of these tracks are from GT2!

• Rome Circuit Full Course
  • Rome Short Course
  • Rome Night
  • Seattle Circuit Full Course
  • Seattle Short Course
  • Pikes Peak Hill Climb
  • Super Speedway
  • Laguna Seca Raceway
  • Midfield Raceway
  • Apricot Hill Speedway
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway
  • Tahiti Road
  • Tahiti Dirt Route 3
  • Smokey Mountain North
  • Smokey Mountain South
  • Green Forest Roadway
  • Tahiti Maze
  • Autumn Ring
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Grand Valley East Section
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Clubman Route Stage 5
  • Autumn Mini Ring
  • Grindelwald
  • Test Course
  • Motor Sports Land
  • Rome Circuit Reverse
  • Rome Short Track Reverse
  • Rome Night Reverse
  • Seattle Circuit Reverse
  • Seattle Short Course Reverse
  • Pikes Peak Downhill
  • Midfield Raceway Reverse
  • Apricot Hill Reverse
  • Red Rock Valley Reverse
  • Tahiti Road Reverse
  • Tahiti Dirt Route 3 Reverse
  • Smokey Mountain North Reverse
  • High Speed Ring
  • High Speed Ring Reverse
  • Autumn Ring Reverse
  • Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse
  • Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
  • Grand Valley Speedway Reverse
  • Grand Valley East Section Reverse
  • Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
  • Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse
  • Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
  • Grindelwald Reverse

Gran Turismo 5 graphically is a masterpiece and the physics are as well. However Gran Turismo 5 is a behemoth in size and loading times. I love Gran Turismo series so much, but I dont love GT5 anywhere near to older GTs! I love Gran Turismo 3 the most because it was fun, simplistic, great graphics, and awesome music including 99 red ballons, judas priest and lenny kravitz! Gran Turismo 3 aged very well for a 2001 game!

post-455563-0-28986500-1366745102.jpg

Gran Turismo 3 was by far the best in the series for me and while I did enjoy GT5 there were many things that let me down. The amount of standard vs. premium cars was a huge disappointment and wasn't sure how much I'd care until I got the game and well...yeah. I honestly find the standard cars look awful and almost would have rather they just not done that at all but then again they couldn't tout their 1000+ cars in the game. I'm really hoping they don't do this in future iterations and especially when it comes to next gen stuff. I know this game has more to it than just graphics but that's often times what the GT series has prided itself on. I did like GT5 more than GT4 but neither compare to the hundreds of hours I had poured into GT3 back in the day and would pretty much agree with your mini-review there.

Thanks sharing dude, now look forward to GT6, in glorious quad HD.

Just wish for Full HD so you don't have to get disappointed.

I hope they include all these tracks! BTW all of these tracks are from GT2!

• Rome Circuit Full Course
  • Rome Short Course
  • Rome Night
  • Seattle Circuit Full Course
  • Seattle Short Course
  • Pikes Peak Hill Climb
  • Super Speedway
  • Laguna Seca Raceway
  • Midfield Raceway
  • Apricot Hill Speedway
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway
  • Tahiti Road
  • Tahiti Dirt Route 3
  • Smokey Mountain North
  • Smokey Mountain South
  • Green Forest Roadway
  • Tahiti Maze
  • Autumn Ring
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Grand Valley East Section
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Clubman Route Stage 5
  • Autumn Mini Ring
  • Grindelwald
  • Test Course
  • Motor Sports Land
  • Rome Circuit Reverse
  • Rome Short Track Reverse
  • Rome Night Reverse
  • Seattle Circuit Reverse
  • Seattle Short Course Reverse
  • Pikes Peak Downhill
  • Midfield Raceway Reverse
  • Apricot Hill Reverse
  • Red Rock Valley Reverse
  • Tahiti Road Reverse
  • Tahiti Dirt Route 3 Reverse
  • Smokey Mountain North Reverse
  • High Speed Ring
  • High Speed Ring Reverse
  • Autumn Ring Reverse
  • Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse
  • Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
  • Grand Valley Speedway Reverse
  • Grand Valley East Section Reverse
  • Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
  • Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse
  • Autumn Ring Mini Reverse
  • Grindelwald Reverse

Gran Turismo 5 graphically is a masterpiece and the physics are as well. However Gran Turismo 5 is a behemoth in size and loading times. I love Gran Turismo series so much, but I dont love GT5 anywhere near to older GTs! I love Gran Turismo 3 the most because it was fun, simplistic, great graphics, and awesome music including 99 red ballons, judas priest and lenny kravitz! Gran Turismo 3 aged very well for a 2001 game!

post-455563-0-28986500-1366745102.jpg

Generally on track race games I doubt **** alternate route, short and reverse courses as separate courses, since they're not. It's the amount and quality of the base courses tracks that's important.

post-94504-0-14649500-1366750286.png

Wow, that sums up my feelings 100%. I loved GT3, so much so that I honestly can't remember GT4 that well...did I even play it?

And GT5...well, as I mentioned in another thread, I think I only played it for a few hours before thinking, "meh, let's go and do something else." GT6 will need to do something special for me to consider getting it.

For the comment about GT5's loading times, did you install the game to the HDD or did you do the minimal installation? I realised that it really cuts down on the loading times if you install to the HDD, although even then you're still waiting for a bit each time.

Thanks sharing dude, now look forward to GT6, in glorious quad HD.

GT6 is looking more and more likely to be a PS3 game, here's hoping that they are going to cross gen the release though and not make us wait too long for a PS4 version.

Hawk and Trolley: GT6 must also be coming to PS4, come on. I'm actually surprised there's gonna be a PS3 version! Why bother heh heh?

Hawk and Trolley: GT6 must also be coming to PS4, come on. I'm actually surprised there's gonna be a PS3 version! Why bother heh heh?

what does that have to do with anything I said. if it's about 4k. Sony has pretty much straight out said there will be no 4k games on the PS4.

I'm actually surprised there's gonna be a PS3 version! Why bother heh heh?

Polyphony Digital takes way to long to develop their games that I would imagine it would be massively delayed if they wanted to put it on PS4. Now I could see them doing a PS3/Vita release perhaps since Vita dev kits would've been around much longer than PS4 dev kits have been. There were articles back in 2011 where they had stated they were already under way with GT6 and given they could carry over certain assets from GT5 (ie. premium cars) it seems to make more sense. Not to mention the PS3 has the larger install base, so you release this one on PS3 then come out with your PS4 version in a few years (or likely longer given Polyphony Digital's history). That way you're also not competing with another first party studio with Drive Club in the launch window time frame.

I also bought GT5 on release and played it for the whole of about 5 hours.

I think I might just have to accept I am not much of a racing fan.