Need Simple Backup

Question

I need to backup just the Users folder from C: to a Users folder to D: I was thinking a batch file would work but it would need to check if anything has changed with the C: Users folder. I am open for suggestions including maybe a small freeware program that can do this job easy for me.. Thanks

13 answers to this question

I wrote a Python(3) script that can do this very easily, it's an incremental backup with a simple command line syntax. I suppose I could write a GUI for it but I don't really need one. It's simple enough to use though. If you want it.

Sure http://pastebin.com/5QfVGV1E

Usage: (In command)(Assuming you have Python 3 Installed already)

python backup.py <Source Location> <Destination Location> <Switches>

EX: python backup.py C:/Users/ D:/Users/ /s /d

All switches are in the source, for more usage help just run backup.py in Command with no arguments.

Cheers

Edit: Obviously you need to make a backup.py file from the source code... paste into Notepad > Save As > backup.py

Ok got python installed copied your source code and made file backup.py In the code where do I setup the C:\Users\Sam to backup to D:\Users\Sam

in Command enter this: python <Location of backup.py> <Location of thing to Copy> <Location of where to copy to> <Switches>

So if say you had backup.py on your desktop you'd type this into Command-Line:

python C:/Users/Sam/Desktop/backup.py C:\Users\Sam D:\Users\Sam

Command line is the command prompt for Windows to access it type Win+R in the box type CMD and hit enter.

thx everyone..my issue has been resolved..sweet got my simple backup

Are you using my program or did you find another method?

EDIT

Please keep in mind there is a small bug on line 63:

where it says if "/a" or "/ao" in sys.argv[3:]:

it should say if ("/a" or "/ao") in sys.argv[3:]:

I changed this in a later version but must have posted a slightly older one. Everything else is fine. Sorry.