DNA tests in on Alien creature found in desert

Well how most neowin members see it. If its something they never saw before. Its automatically fake lol

I would think something like this would hit more news outlets if it wasn't fake, don't you?

Youtube isn't exactly a scientific location to post findings for the world to see.

• Like 5

I would think something like this would hit more news outlets if it wasn't fake, don't you?

Youtube isn't exactly a scientific location to post findings for the world to see.

Wait, wait, wait ...so iPlay gaming console from Apple isn't real then:

...it's on YouTube so it HAS to be real :D

(nota bene, sarcasm :) )

• Like 2

DNA testing on an object not from earth? really? But DNA "evolved" here on earth to be the dominant genetic material as they say.

technically if such an event were to happen, I think they would not be DNA dependent, provided that that theory actually had any substance to it.

DNA testing on an object not from earth? really? But DNA "evolved" here on earth to be the dominant genetic material as they say.

technically if such an event were to happen, I think they would not be DNA dependent, provided that that theory actually had any substance to it.

But DNA is pretty standard with carbon based life.

And to be frank I'd rather see this be shot down by someone who's background is in the sciences rather than some internet nerd who has watched one too many episodes of mythbusters.

• Like 1

Fixed that for you!

Any biological being that reproduces sexually, is going to have genetic makeup of some kind, weather it was here on Earth or elsewhere.

Any biological being that reproduces sexually, is going to have genetic makeup of some kind, weather it was here on Earth or elsewhere.

bacteria have DNA and they don't reproduce via sex as far as i aware also give the wiki-U grads a break.

just because it's a gazillion to 1 that it happened here, doesn't mean it can't happen twice, on some other planet....

Any assertion you make is just that, an assertion, until you have evidence to back it up. I am not arrogant enough to think if there is life out there, given the diversity that millions of years of evolution has brought just on this planet (and that includes evolving the DNA system), that DNA would be the only solution to reproduction, be that sexual or of any kind.

Any assertion you make is just that, an assertion, until you have evidence to back it up. I am not arrogant enough to think if there is life out there, given the diversity that millions of years of evolution has brought just on this planet (and that includes evolving the DNA system), that DNA would be the only solution to reproduction, be that sexual or of any kind.

True, but things in this universe are relatively standard. Whether on Earth or on an extrasolar planet, water is going to always be the same - 2 parts Hydrogen, 1 part Oxygen. Same with biological life, they'll always have some kind of genetic markup, something that makes it, "it".

Hmmm, wonder why comments are disabled on YouTube. no doubt fake.

If you'd watch the end of the vid God would smile upon your drama.

Comments are almost certainly disabled thanks to the kids running around YouTube. You can have a video of a cute kitten, and you'll still have people fighting, cussing, harassing each other.

True, but things in this universe are relatively standard. Whether on Earth or on an extrasolar planet, water is going to always be the same - 2 parts Hydrogen, 1 part Oxygen. Same with biological life, they'll always have some kind of genetic markup, something that makes it, "it".

That comparison just doesn't make sense. Water is water is water. One molecule of water looks the same as another. The same cannot be said of life forms. What if a ecosystem exists that is based on silicon chemistry rather than carbon chemistry? If you can't comprehend the potential for the different forms of life then I can't really help that.

Life didn't evolve on this planet the way it has because this is the current phase of evolution to a potential supremely evolved life form. But it is because the current life forms fill their niche the best way. It also doesn't mean that DNA is the only way to encode the blueprint for a life form but it evolved because of the building blocks and the conditions on Earth at the time it formed and reproduced were favorable. DNA is not necessarily a fundamental requirement for life on other planets, it is here but it is a evolved solution to the problem of reproduction. I would like to see an statement by any reputable scientist that says that DNA is a prerequisite for life (by this I mean extraterrestrial). They would need a method of reproduction but I can't see it being based on ours unless the theory of polyspermia holds true but even then that would just increases the chances of finding DNA based life rather than making it a certainty.

• Like 2

Why do aliens always land in the desert or a corn field?