Internet randomly drops, Windows show "No Internet access"

6701g3.png

I am not sure what's going on, but my internet connection would randomly dropped about every 15 minutes or so.

Note that even when the internet is working, my computer would show "No Internet access" the whole time.

This doesn't just happens on my desktop, but also on my laptop while I'm using wifi.

A lot of time, this is what loads instead of the page. When I hit reload, the page loads correctly.

Also, the internet drops randomly regardless of what browser I use.

15q3z2d.png

Make sure your Wired or Wi-Fi connection is disabled, whichever one you are not using.

Disable whatever connection you are using. Unplug modem power, router power, wait a few minutes and plug both back in. Re-enable the connection.

Can also try ipconfig /release , ipconfig /renew , and ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt.

Make sure your Wired or Wi-Fi connection is disabled, whichever one you are not using.

Disable whatever connection you are using. Unplug modem power, router power, wait a few minutes and plug both back in. Re-enable the connection.

Can also try ipconfig /release , ipconfig /renew , and ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt.

I did all those things now, but they don't make a different.

Hmmm, what service provider do you have? What modem and router do you have? Doesn't seem like a software problem.

Hmmm, what service provider do you have? What modem and router do you have? Doesn't seem like a software problem.

Verizon FIOS

Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. E

I see this happen all the time with Time Warner. Most of the time, resetting the cable modem resolves the issue.

I've just reset it using the reset the button, but it am still having the same issue.

I've had this modem since I got FIOS six years ago so I doubt this is the problem.

If not, you might want to either reinstall or upgrade your wireless driver. Just a thought...

This happens on multiple computers, so I don't think has to do with drivers.

I am trying to configurate the modem, but it would let me. (I've done it a few times before so it's acting strangely)

I know the user and password, but it won't even let me enter them.

did you try running a live distro of say linux mint to see if it drops or partedmagic?also are you using the default dns servers?

did you try running a live distro of say linux mint to see if it drops or partedmagic?also are you using the default dns servers?

TCP/Pv4 is set to "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

I just tried loading five tabs at the same time and is immediately knocked offline for about two minutes. I am not sure if that tells anything.

I've had this modem since I got FIOS six years ago so I doubt this is the problem.

I imagine they'd be happy to replace it if you've been with em that long...sounds like it needs it.

If you can't log into it you might want to contact ISP support. Actiontec routers are pretty questionable equipment.

Looks like it has recent security issues as well - http://www.securityt....com/id/1028335

I will contact my ISP. The modem is frozen or something. I press "reset" and it didn't do anything.

I imagine they'd be happy to replace it if you've been with em that long...sounds like it needs it.

That just may be it. I press "reset", but it didn't respond at all. I also cannot get into the settings menu.

I called Verizon and a rep did something remotely to unfreeze the modem.

He said that if I still have problem to call Verizon back next week.

Well, how is the internet working now?

I was doing some work for a friend a few months back - he has FiOS (New York) as well. His modem was at least a few years old so I told him to call Verizon and demand a new one just in case. If you've been with them awhile I think they will replace it without too much of a hassle.

Ah yes.

My brother had that problem with a Comcast modem - he got it when he moved to the apt in 2010. Then earlier this month, he replaced it with a new one because of slow Internet speeds. Also replaced the router and things are now going smoothly.

So it's most likely the modem or router (or both).