Just ordered a Nexus 4! 2 actually! :-D

FINALLY getting rid of our trusty old HTC Desire's! Just too old and slow now. They have served us well though! :)

I got sick of waiting for Google / LG to launch it officially over here, so I am importing them. Costing approximately $180 extra for shipping and import duties for 2 devices. Not an issue for me though. ;)

Thanks! It sure does, our import duties over here are ridiculous!

We (me and my wife) were initially considering the 8 GB model, as we use separate devices for everything. But then we thought, what the hell, it's only $50 more for double the storage, so why not? Plus, it is better to have more space and not use it than have less space and need more! :)

We intend to, for sure! Already ready with our ROM's!! :D

You'll love it. I went from the Galaxy S III to the Nexus 4 and couldn't be happier.

You'll love it. I went from the Galaxy S III to the Nexus 4 and couldn't be happier.

If you don't mind me asking...what made you switch? The pure Android experience or something else?

thats a huge bump you do here. you will be very happy with the nexus 4, I can guarantee you that :-)

Thanks!

Congratz! Unlock and enjoy!

Thanks! But mine is from the Play Store, so it already unlocked. Unless you mean unlocking the bootloader, which I intend to do as soon as I open it! :)

Thanks! But mine is from the Play Store, so it already unlocked. Unless you mean unlocking the bootloader, which I intend to do as soon as I open it! :)

Of course I mean unlock the bootloader. All Nexus 4 are sim unlocked.

Nice upgrade. I broke the screen on my One X yesterday by a freak accident and considered getting one. I think I'm going to go for it's big brother though, the Optimus G Pro.

I have one as well, and it's the only phone I haven't been tempted to replace to date. I love it.

I'm contemplating possible only replacing my N4 with it's replacement this year if it's a big enough upgrade, and if not then it will be next year's Nexus, plan on sticking with Nexus devices till Google stops making them

Quite an upgrade from Desire to Nexus. enjoy.

Thanks! That it is! The only reason we used our Desire's for so long was because it had (and still has) active development going for it in the community. But it is just too slow now. It takes 3 to 4 seconds just to launch an app. Of course, that is also because I was running JB 4.2.2 on a phone which officially stopped at GB 2.3. :rofl:

Been debating the same thing, and currently running a desire actually.

I say go for it! :)

Congrats. You'll love it. An amazing phone. Beautiful looking, very well built and strong, and super fast at everything. So powerful.

It blows everything else out there away, totally. Can even hook it up to your TV using HDMI, not many have that capability.

If it had LTE (i know a hack was there, but i want native support) then it would be amazing phone and instant buy. i never had LTE before, and it is a must for me now...

pure nexus = PLUS

LG = MINUS

no LTE = MINUS

waiting for next nexus.

A very nice upgrade indeed :)

I went from the Desire to the Galaxy Nexus and thought that was a massive upgrade, i'm sure you will find going to the Nexus 4 the same!

• Like 1

Quick question Nexus 4 owners....

Since I am importing the phones from the US, will I need to buy a different wall charger or will the supplied one work? We use 220 volts over here as opposed to 110 volts over there.

Quick question Nexus 4 owners....

Since I am importing the phones from the US, will I need to buy a different wall charger or will the supplied one work? We use 220 volts over here as opposed to 110 volts over there.

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

As long as you have any standard USB charging wall socket (like the one that came with your desire), you should be able to just use that the supplied USB -> MicroUSB cable to charge the phone? :)

I use one I got for my Amazon Kindle, to charge my Windows Phone and my Nexus 7 tablet - gotta love having intercompatible charging standards after so many years of proprietry crap!

• Like 1

You'll likely need an adapter, it'll use the US wall plugs.

I already have the converter for the plug shape, I was talking about the difference in voltage.

As long as you have any standard USB charging wall socket (like the one that came with your desire), you should be able to just use that the supplied USB -> MicroUSB cable to charge the phone? :)

I use one I got for my Amazon Kindle, to charge my Windows Phone and my Nexus 7 tablet - gotta love having intercompatible charging standards after so many years of proprietry crap!

It is true that the plugs are all the same - Micro USB. But isn't the output voltage different for different devices? I don't want to end up over or under charging the phones! :(

fear - the proprietary crap might come sooner again as you think. EU failed.

I already have the converter for the plug shape, I was talking about the difference in voltage.

It is true that the plugs are all the same - Micro USB. But isn't the output voltage different for different devices? I don't want to end up over or under charging the phones! :(

u wont damage your device - just use any phone charger with micro usb.

fear - the proprietary crap might come sooner again as you think. EU failed.

u wont damage your device - just use any phone charger with micro usb.

Oh ok, thanks! :)

Found a really nice case, bought all 4 colours! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nillkin-Fresh-Leather-Skin-Case-Cover-For-Google-Nexus-4-LG-E960-/151019858136?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item23297c28d8