Cant comment in IE10, but works fine in chrome

Anytime I try to comment, quote or reply to a news article in IE10 and click add comment, the wait spinner runs and nothing happens.....

if I go to Chrome and do the same thing it works fine...

I can reproduce this issue on 4 systems all running IE10 and Windows 7

Same here, now posting from Chrome Portable.

Quick visit to modern.ie

http://www.modern.ie...w.neowin.net%2F

What did we find?

We've found that this webpage is currently rendering in a Compatibility Mode on Internet Explorer 9 and/or 10.

This may be because your site was added to a Compatibility View list when a user reported a compatibility problem while browsing in various versions of Internet Explorer.

I believe Neowin used to force itself into standards rendering mode using the X-UA-Compatible flag, I assume it was recently removed and is probably what's causing the issue. Though the real issue is that someone needs to tell MS to take it off the compat view list.

Quick visit to modern.ie

http://www.modern.ie...w.neowin.net%2F

I believe Neowin used to force itself into standards rendering mode using the X-UA-Compatible flag, I assume it was recently removed and is probably what's causing the issue. Though the real issue is that someone needs to tell MS to take it off the compat view list.

Yep, ms refuses to remove us from the list. We've contacted them about this before. I've re-added the meta tag TRYING to force IE10 mode, but it still doesn't seem to work. Flat out ignores that tag.

Yep, ms refuses to remove us from the list. We've contacted them about this before. I've re-added the meta tag TRYING to force IE10 mode, but it still doesn't seem to work. Flat out ignores that tag.

What about using "edge" instead of "IE10"?

I am having this exact same problem with using IE9 in Windows 7. I click on comment, and nothing happens! I started a thread about this a day ago!!!

I am using IE10 currently and it works fine :|

All my comments load instantly or sometimes it takes 2 seconds, but it never get stuck.

I am using IE10 currently and it works fine :|

All my comments load instantly or sometimes it takes 2 seconds, but it never get stuck.

it works fine when you comment in the forums. when youre commenting on the front page stories,thats where the problem is.

it works fine when you comment in the forums. when youre commenting on the front page stories,thats where the problem is.

I've been commenting on there for the past few weeks I've used IE10 (metro) and no problem so far.

Edit: Actually, I'm starting to get the loading throbber too now. I never had this problem until today.

Probably because of a cache refresh. I've noticed it appearing at random times across different computers (but now they're all doing it)

Can't like, comment or refresh the mini spy on the front page. :(

I'm forced to do full page refreshes now... Anyone remember when the minispy was able to auto refresh? (Recommended option! (Y))

Assuming this is linked to the issue where the page doesn't refresh after editing a forum post. (Get the animation, then nothing. Manual refresh shows post fine)

It's highly possible that 3.2 isn't compatible with IE10.. we are going to upgrade to 3.4.4 soon so we'll hold off for that

Test edit IE10

Yep there are still a few things broke (no editor toolbar either)

test edit IE10

Edited by Neobond

It's highly possible that 3.2 isn't compatible with IE10.. we are going to upgrade to 3.4.4 soon so we'll hold of for that

Test edit IE10

Yep there are still a few things broke (no editor toolbar either)

test edit IE10

yeah there is a lot of broke stuff right now in IE10 with IPB it seems