There's 'no place' for multiplayer in The Witcher 3

While CD Projekt RED had previously mentioned its interest in experimenting with multiplayer as a possibility for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, plans to move forward with such a feature have been dropped. The studio "strongly [feels] that this final saga of Geralt has no place for meaningful multiplayer," project lead Konrad Tomaszkiewicz told Forbes.

Going one step further, Eurogamer got a similar comment from marketing head Michal Platkow-Gilewski which further drove the point home: "There's no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3. We want to focus on the single-player experience, delivering more than 100 hours of truly immersive gameplay."

Knowing what your game does best and concentrating on it? Yeah, that sounds like a plan. In other fist-pumping news, Forbes also learned that there will be no quick-time events this time around. The rationale is exactly what you'd expect: "[QTEs] didn't fit this type of gaming experience and usually frustrated players," explained Tomaszkiewicz.

Talking 'The Witcher 3' With CD Projekt RED: Single-Player Only, DRM 'Worst Thing' In Video Game Industry [Forbes]

Projekt Red: "There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3" [Eurogamer]

http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-no-place-for-multiplayer-in-the-witcher-3-252529.phtml

Goooooooooood.

There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game

Looks like a sure buy for me. Even if I wasn't a sucker for RPGs (which I am), I'd probably still buy it to make a point :p