CW orders "Originals" to series

4e4103bedf825d346c626380956bd2d9.png

?Vampire Diaries? fans, we hope you liked last night?s Klaus-centric spinoff episode ?The Originals,? because you?ll be getting more! The CW has officially announced that it will take ?The Originals? to series, as well as renew struggling dramas ?Beauty and the Beast? and ?Hart of Dixie? for additional seasons. Already renewed were ?Arrow,? ?Supernatural,? and ?The Vampire Diaries? itself. Says CW president Mark Pedowitz:
As soon as we saw last night?s episode of ?The Vampire Diaries,? we knew we wanted more of ?The Originals? ? Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson have done a fantastic job with ?The Vampire Diaries,? which is as fast-paced and well-written as ever, and Julie has created an equally compelling world for ?The Originals.?

We're also very excited to bring back ?Beauty And The Beast? and ?Hart of Dixie? for next season ? both series continue to be creatively strong and compelling, and their fans are incredibly passionate. I?m very happy to have all three series on the schedule for next season.

Still yet to be renewed or cancelled are that of ?Nikita? or ?The Carrie Diaries,? though we?ve heard before The CW will consider reduced-season orders to hold onto some of its stronger online and international performers.

http://screencrush.com/the-cw-the-originals-beauty-and-the-beast-hart-of-dixie-renewal/

This last Klaus centric episode was great, I enjoyed it more then this whole season of VD. Id love to see them do stories of the past as well as current.

Loved the backdoor pilot but this means that Morgan and the rest of the Originals will have minimal to no appearance in TVD, right? I'm slightly bored with this 'cure' arc and Klaus is the only thing making things interesting here. Hopefully, they can introduce a good plot/characters next season for TVD. I am definitely looking forward for the Originals.

Loved the backdoor pilot but this means that Morgan and the rest of the Originals will have minimal to no appearance in TVD, right? I'm slightly bored with this 'cure' arc and Klaus is the only thing making things interesting here. Hopefully, they can introduce a good plot/characters next season for TVD. I am definitely looking forward for the Originals.

Yeah my interest in TVD has waned a bit but the Originals to me were always awesome, hope they get Silas involved somewhere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1gug6.png

Todd Stashwick, who played the drug dealer Drexel in one episode of Revolution, has been cast in a recurring role as Father Kieran. Co-creator Julie Plec describes the role:

?Kieran is a tortured Priest with a dark past. Once a powerful and pragmatic diplomat between the humans and the various supernatural factions in New Orleans, he returns home looking for answers about a personal tragedy but finds a very different landscape than when he left.?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/27/supernatural-originals-exclusive/