And there are just as many responsible parents now. The issue is that advertising is targeted at children in a way that it wasn't generations ago, which is why there has been a need for restrictions on advertising to children. If the result is that it improves the health and development of children then why exactly is that a bad thing? Nobody is claiming that these restrictions are designed to replace good parenting; they simply complement it.

I here you but i respectably disagree.

The advertising is no more aimed at the children than it was when i was a kid. That's to say, some advertising was already aimed at children and some was aimed at adults, the way it has always been.

The fact is, it's not the kids walking in to McD's a plopping the cash down on the counter, it's the parents.

What i will say however is that fast food is horrible and does need to be replaced with good healthy food whenever possible, unfortunately fast food is easier, quicker and cheaper to grab than a healthy alternative.

This is dumb. Parents buy the food and parents these days would rather give the kids what they want because it easier and less hassle to say no. My parents told me no all the time.

You apparently have not seen the kid panhandling that goes on at some McDonald's -- probably cuz the parents won't give them money. :laugh:

You have to admit, it's sneaky to advertise to the kids instead of the parents. The kids will see the commercial and whine to the parents until they take them.

• Like 1

You apparently have not seen the kid panhandling that goes on at some McDonald's -- probably cuz the parents won't give them money. :laugh:

In Brazil? No, since I never visited there. But i have seen plenty of it in Mexico. Give one kid money and you will soon be swarmed but many more.

McDonald should've follow Microsoft example to ask mandatory signing of EULA saying who ever agrees to eat McDonald's "food" must not filing any class-action law suit against McD.

It almost sounds like some blame McDonald's for the obesity problem...

They (and their ilk) ARE to blame, when you consider their french fries have twice as much fat as the equivalent serving of chips, and that a meal which includes the fries, is cheaper than a burger and drinks without the fries.

PLUS they encourage you to "upsize" your meal as well.

Not sure what's worse, the food nazi that popped up or the idiots that insist on making everything about their irrational hate of religions

The people who attempt to act superior by denouncing the two categories via some egotistical behaviour? I don't have an "irrational hate of religion" I was just merely pointing out that they should just cut the crap and kindly shut the hell up about something so insignificant, especially when considering there are more pressing matters at hand.

You have to admit, it's sneaky to advertise to the kids instead of the parents. The kids will see the commercial and whine to the parents until they take them.

No different then Bandai advertising their power rangers toys to kids :p

What i will say however is that fast food is horrible and does need to be replaced with good healthy food whenever possible, unfortunately fast food is easier, quicker and cheaper to grab than a healthy alternative.

The thing is though, in the happy meals, you can replace the fries with a fruit bag/carrot bag, coke with a milk/water... yet a lot of parents don't do that.

Maybe not blame, but the $1 menu doesnt help :p

While I'm not 100% sure what's on the $1 menu in the US (I hear you have the double cheeseburger for $1, you ******* ;)) over in the UK where we have the cheeseburger and hamburger on the ?1 menu the nutritional and calorific value of those burgers are pretty much on par with sandwiches and wraps from the supermarkets, and you get the added benefit of it being warm.