New build advice. i5-3570k/P8Z77-B LK/8Gb/GTX670?

Well you gotta see if the 3570K will fit you for a while, if you are just a gamer who does occasional school work and etc... This will be fine and no need to wait

I still recommend waiting for the 700 series GPUs, they look awesome

Well you gotta see if the 3570K will fit you for a while, if you are just a gamer who does occasional school work and etc... This will be fine and no need to wait

I still recommend waiting for the 700 series GPUs, they look awesome

Oh I'm sure it will - my e6600 has done me for almost 6 years - I've never had a computer last that long! Unless we're in for a sudden gigantic leap in software demands then I'm sure the case will still be true for the current gen stuff. Like Asik said it's mostly the psychological influence of having the latest and greatest for whatever amount of time.

I'll probably hang around and see what's likely to be on offer after June!

Don't waste Your money on RAM faster then 1600MHz, this is maximum what can use IB and SB CPU's, everything above can give You some better scores in synthetic benchmarks but not in daily PC use ;) Also look for RAM CL9.

Don't waste Your money on RAM faster then 1600MHz, this is maximum what can use IB and SB CPU's, everything above can give You some better scores in synthetic benchmarks but not in daily PC use ;) Also look for RAM CL9.

Yeah I've read this. I only added the 1866 because it was the same price as the 1600 from corsair. Both were Vengeance series. It's CL9 too! What's the deal with those pricey Dominator kits anyway bar the awesomely cool design?

What's the deal with those pricey Dominator kits anyway bar the awesomely cool design?

+10 to Your build look ;)

If You plan to make some nice looking rig then RAM as Dominator can be a nice and good looking part, but if You just make rig for normal use, don't show it on every hard forum, look into it every one hour then any other RAM is OK also. Be careful with high RAM sticks, sometimes this can be in conflict with CPU cooler.

IMO low profile looks like nothing RAM is the way to go. Assuming you have a front intake fan, and your motherboard is like 99% of the other motherboards out there, gigantic memory stick with massive, useless heatspreaders are just a wall in front of your CPU fan.

+10 to Your build look ;)

If You plan to make some nice looking rig then RAM as Dominator can be a nice and good looking part, but if You just make rig for normal use, don't show it on every hard forum, look into it every one hour then any other RAM is OK also. Be careful with high RAM sticks, sometimes this can be in conflict with CPU cooler.

IMO low profile looks like nothing RAM is the way to go. Assuming you have a front intake fan, and your motherboard is like 99% of the other motherboards out there, gigantic memory stick with massive, useless heatspreaders are just a wall in front of your CPU fan.

Actually pretty happy with the aesthetics of mine at the moment. Part of why I'll be sad to see it go :(

post-33944-0-74522400-1367499073.jpg

I'll likely stick with the vengeance corsair memory as that seems good value. I might think about investing in one of those closed loop liquid cooling solutions if I can figure out whether it fits in my case...

I honestly would not mess with CLCs, HSF are the way to go.

Biggest one to say is the safety of your hardware.

The Vengenance is decent, but ive had some issues with it. Still own it, but im going to upgrade and I ended up taking off those heatsinks on my RAM lol..