Die Hard 6 named as "Die Hardest"

53143c61db7f485fb69eba1.png

Total Film has some exclusive details on the sixth Die Hard installment, including the current title and screenwriter.

Die Hard 6 is currently being called Die Hardest.

The script (which is in the writing process) will be written by Ben Trebilcook, who is presently working on a video game-like action film Knockout, set to star real life martial artists.

Trebilcook told Total Film that his treatment is, ?It is extremely faithful to the franchise and characters and is a natural progression. It?s also a very plausible storyline.?

Regarding plot details, Trebilcook said:

?[There's] the possibility producers might go back and find some other source material to base the next one on, like they did with the first and second. Mine though, I feel it could be the Rocky Balboa of the Die Hard franchise.?

His Twitter feed was buzzing today as fans tweeted (some menacingly) about their concerns that the next Die Hard would suck. One user hashtagged their tweet: #JohnMcClaneShouldFinallyDieHard

http://latino-review.com/2013/04/30/die-hard-6-hardest/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lrnews

1. A classic, best action movie ever made

2. Was good.

3. Was a great sequel minus the ending

4. Could have been a great super hero movie but was a terrible die hard movie. Making John McClane surf on a jet plane was so stupid i wish i could erase this movie from my memory of what Die Hard really is.

5. Have yet to see it. Since John Moore directed it i'll surely never actually watch it. One of the worst directors around next to Uwe Boll.

6. Unless hell freezes over it will be terrible. They can't revert John McLane back to its non super hero status and he'll have to surf on a Mriya this time.

It's very clear that Die Hard is just being abused, four and five were cash in films and people will continue to cash in on it until it stops making a profit. Then there will probably be a reboot taking things back to basics.

But.... Die Hard 6 wasn't called "Die Harder"

I guess you mean 5?

Die Hard 2 was called 'Die Harder'

It's very clear that Die Hard is just being abused, four and five were cash in films and people will continue to cash in on it until it stops making a profit. Then there will probably be a reboot taking things back to basics.

Which is basically hollywoods modus operandi.

:bounce: Woohoo! I just can't wait for Die Hard 17, where McClane goes back in time in his Robocop suit and neuters Hans Gruber's dad!

:bounce: Woohoo! I just can't wait for Die Hard 17, where McClane goes back in time in his Robocop suit and neuters Hans Gruber's dad!

Compared to Die Hard 5, that sound fantastic.

Die Hard 5 was quite sucky, not really looking forward to this, however I will still probably watch it.

True! Why not milk the Cow until there is no more Milk in it :)

@Topic: DH1 and 2 are awesome, the Rest ist just Meh!

1. Fantastic (Seriously Alan Rickman plays an amazing villain) Great all around.

2. Ok, but not my fav.

3. Better than 2 but not better than 1. Enjoyed the tie in with the first villain though.

4. Not gonna see it to ruin the first three

5. Read 4.

6. Read 4.

:)

• 6 months later...

Hmm, what can I say? What can I say? What am I allowed to say? OK, without spoiling too much, I can say that McClane is invited to Tokyo by the Nakatomi Corporation to be commended for his bravery and efforts in saving 36 lives, celebrating this on the 30th anniversary of the Naktatomi Hostage Crisis. It?s by no means Black Rain. Perhaps has a slight Rising Sun type tone. It?s also not a double-act buddy-buddy story. McClane began on his own and should end on his own. Of course he?s had assistance in various guises, aiding him in his ventures; but it?s not Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan film.

Src

I saw the last one and it was definitely MEH. 4 Was with the "fire sale" or whatever hacking and all that and that was OK, good even but not great. Obviously the ones before were awesome. So not really looking forward to 6 but i guess.

The problem here is the Bruce Willis of the 80s/90s isn't the same as today's Bruce. As Stallone pointed out in a tweet a few months back, Bruce has gotten very lazy. If you've seen his latest few movies you'll notice that.

I actually hope this really is the last of them all. The previous Die Hard felt a bit forced Some of the scenes also felt weird to me. For instance, the part were he was talking before getting in the truck. And right after that while he was driving in the truck. He was basically talking out loud with no one around. It just felt really weird to me :p