A windows 8-like Task Manager for Windows 7 ,work in progress!

torrentthief

if you could add "GPU" to the processes tab your app would have more functionality than the windows 8 task manager, which would be awesome if you could show gpu utilisation and gpu memory utilisation like you can with cpu.

• 3 weeks later...
Filou83

Dear Hanrui,

thanks for the great work. On Windows Server 2008 R2 there are some issues, the links to Ressource Monitor / Fewer Details / More Details are disappearing on mouseover (text color changes to white). There are no Icons for More and Fewer Details - see attachment.

How can I provide translations for other languages so you could add them to your program?

post-509125-0-53368400-1383648744.png

Filou83

Subsequently closing your program on Windows Server 2008 R2 did not end the task "DBCTaskman.exe", I had to kill the process manually.

• 2 weeks later...
R1_

Signed in to say BIG THANKS for great app! ITS AWESOME! Keep working on it PLEASE to make it even better!

• 2 weeks later...
ltwally

Hanrui,

I signed up to say thanks for this, and also to post a bug ...

As you can see, DBCTaskMan is incorrectly reporting Memory Available, Committed and Cached.

bug.jpg

Otherwise, this seems to be a very nice replica of the Windows 8 Task Manager.  Nicely done and many thanks.

NEVER85

I love how people want things from Windows 8 but don't want to use Windows 8.

• Like 2
+warwagon

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the new processes tab in Windows 8? I can never find ****. I just click on details.

• Like 1
StarkWiz

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the new processes tab in Windows 8? I can never find ****. I just click on details.

No, you are not alone. I find it annoying as well, I keep looking in the processes tab even though I know I should be looking into details tab.

• 2 weeks later...
ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm

I said this on the front page artical.. Real men use Process Explorer!

real, real men use process hacker, because it has a handy service manager.

• Like 1
InTheSwiss

OOOOO, very nice! This is one of the few things that makes me want to use win8: new task manager and new file explorer.

Yeah the feature I love most in Windows 8 is being able to drag and drop files and folders into the breadcrumbs in the address bar. Really nice addition that I miss when having to use older versions of Windows. Such a tiny feature but so helpful!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
prim3geek

first of all i just wanna thanks for this wonderful application aside from its awesome look i find it very useful. I just signed up to say thanks and also ask for some dumb help .. :D

i wanted this application to start up everytime windows loads and i want the application to open the performance task automatically.

What i was trying to do is make it my default monitoring widget and eliminate other widgets that i have.

thank you so much.

Montago

The program crashes as soon as i go to the Performance tab..

Version: October 10, 2013

Error: "Whoops" 

Debug: Unhandled exception at 0x000000013fa49215 in DBCTaskman.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000100000159.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Pro (English) SP1 fully updated. 

I'm running the x64 version of the program. 

Rigby

I love how people want things from Windows 8 but don't want to use Windows 8.

Windows 8 has some really good features, but it also has a lot of very bad ones.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Mattias Magnusson

Thank you so much! Without this i wouldn't be able to use my current windows installation, long story short, installed virus that killed taskmanager and explorer.exe, managed to open chrome to download this and locate and kill the process that killed taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe. Love u for that, will save this tool on my external drive for future use, just in case xD <3

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Thomas the Tank Engine

Is he still working on this?

• 4 weeks later...
mancode20

I was wondering the same thing, too. Is there an update for the program for 2014? I think the last version was from October 2013. It appears to be dead.

Brandon H

OP hasn't been on since March so I'd assume it's sadly dead

mancode20

I read on another site that you can't even use end task to kill a process. If this is true, is the program even usable? How do you close a program using this program? It looks nice, but is it functional? I don't have Win 8 yet. Still using 7, but I like the look of this as a task manager. Let me know. Thanks!

Xevil

hi need help

i try this but didn't work

73GHiEU.jpg

rename taksmgr.exe to taksmgr_old.exe put DBCTaskman.exe rename it to taksmgr.exe

0CDOsjn.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hanrui

Finally, I ?m  available now  . I will update the software recently? thanks to everyone.

• Like 3
Hanrui

Hanrui,

I signed up to say thanks for this, and also to post a bug ...

As you can see, DBCTaskMan is incorrectly reporting Memory Available, Committed and Cached.

bug.jpg

Otherwise, this seems to be a very nice replica of the Windows 8 Task Manager.  Nicely done and many thanks

Is this DBCtaskman in the picture   is the X64  edition ???

Dashel

I want more WangWang.

WindowsRx

Finally, I ?m  available now  . I will update the software recently? thanks to everyone.

Ive used your program since april and have loved it :) Looking forward to the update : )

+warwagon

You should also make a Windows 7 task manager for Windows 8.

Ian W

You should also make a Windows 7 task manager for Windows 8.

Winaero has a tutorial on how to restore the old Task Manager on Windows 8.

• Skiver locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Google discloses a zero-day vulnerability in Windows, currently exploited in the wild
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Google’s Project Zero team known to discover security threats has disclosed a zero-day vulnerability in Windows that affects versions from Windows 7 all the way to Windows 10 version 1903. The company’s post says that it has evidence of active exploits, which could allow attackers to execute code with elevated permissions.

What’s interesting is that the vulnerability that is tracked with the label CVE-2020-17087, coupled with another actively exploited Chrome zero-day vulnerability disclosed last week (CVE-2020-15999), performs what is known as a sandbox escape. This is where the malicious actor leverages these two bugs to execute code on a compromised target by escaping the secure environment of the browser, explains ZDNet’s Catalin Cimpanu.

The disclosure post also adds that Microsoft will be patching this vulnerability with the upcoming Patch Tuesday updates on November 10. However, the fixes for Windows 7 versions will only make it to users that have subscribed for extended security updates (ESU), so not all users will be able to patch their Windows 7 systems. Since the bug was being actively exploited, the search giant’s team provided Microsoft with seven days to patch the bug before disclosing it publicly today.

Google has already patched the Chrome vulnerability with stable build version 86.0.4240.1111. As for the Windows bug, the vulnerability lies in the Windows Kernel Cryptography Driver (cng.sys), which the Project Zero team explains in detail in the post here. The company has also attached a proof-of-concept code to show how the exploit could crash the system.

Additionally, Google’s Threat Analysis Group direction Shane Huntly has confirmed that the exploit is not related to any state-sponsored attack on the upcoming U.S. election.

• By indospot
      Patch Tuesday: Here's what's new for Windows 8.1 and 7 this month
      by João Carrasqueira

We're 13 days into October, but it's not truly a new month until Microsoft releases its Patch Tuesday updates for Windows, and as we're on the second Tuesday of the month, that happens today. Along with all supported versions of Windows 10, there are also new cumulative updates rolling out to Windows 8.1 and some Windows 7 users.

There are two kinds of updates for each operating system - the monthly rollup update and the security-only update. For Windows 8.1, the monthly rollup update is KB4580347 and you can download it manually here. It includes the following changes:

It also has a couple of known issues:

Symptom Workaround Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege. Do one of the following:

Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege. Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

When installing a third-party driver, you might receive the error, “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software”. You may also see the error “No signature was present in the subject” when attempting to view the signature properties using Windows Explorer. This issue occurs when an improperly formatted catalog file is identified during validation by Windows. Starting with this release, Windows will require the validity of DER encoded PKCS#7 content in catalog files. Catalogs files must be signed per section 11.6 of describing DER-encoding for SET OF members in X.690.

If this happens, you should contact the driver vendor or device manufacturer (OEM) and ask them for an updated driver to correct the issue.

As for the security-only update, it's KB4580358 and you can download it manually here. It only includes the first and last of the bullet points from the monthly rollup. It also has the same known issues as the monthly rollup.

Of course, for Windows 7, only certain businesses can legitimately obtain the updates, since you need to be paying for extended security updates (ESU) after Microsoft dropped extended support for the operating system at the start of the year. The monthly rollup here is KB4580345, and you can download it manually here. It includes the following changes:

The update has one known issue:

Symptom Workaround Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege. Do one of the following:

Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege. Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

The security-only update here is KB4580387 and you can get it manually here. It includes the same changes as the monthly rollup, except the third and fourth bullet points. It also has the same known issue.

As usual, the monthly rollup updates should install automatically sooner or later, but if you want the security-only updates, you'll need to install them manually from the links above.

• By Rich Woods
      Office 2010 and Office 2016 for Mac reach their end of life
      by Rich Woods

Today is Patch Tuesday, and that means that some of Microsoft's products are nearing the end of support. It happens every single month. As Microsoft confirmed in a blog post, Office 2010 is getting its final updates today, as is Office 2016 for Mac.

The firm also reiterated that you'll need Office 2016 (for Windows), Office 2019, or Microsoft 365 Apps in order to connect to services like Exchange and SharePoint Online. Obviously, Microsoft wants users to switch to Microsoft 365. Office 2010 and Office 2016 for Mac are perpetual license products, meaning that you own them forever. Indeed, after today, they're no longer supported, but you can use them for as long as you want, albeit in an insecure state. Microsoft 365 is obviously a subscription product that keeps you paying if you want to use it.

Speaking of keeping yourself updated, there are some end of life dates for Windows 10 coming up as well. First up is version 1809, which will no longer be supported after next month. In fact, support for Windows 10 version 1809 was extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of that, support for version 1903 is also coming to an end soon, but that one will be in December.

• By indospot
      Here's what's new for Windows 8.1 and 7 this Patch Tuesday
      by João Carrasqueira

We are now in the second Tuesday of September, and in usual Microsoft fashion, that means it's Patch Tuesday. Every supported version of Windows is getting updates today, and that includes Windows 8.1. Plus, if you're paying for extended security updates (ESU), there are new updates for Windows 7, too.

As usual, there are two flavors of the monthly updates, one containing only security fixes and one with other quality fixes, the monthly rollup update.

For Windows 8.1, the monthly rollup is KB4577066, and it can be downloaded manually here. It contains the following fixes:

It also has a single known issue that's been around for months:

As for the security-only update, it's KB4577071, and it can be downloaded manually here. It only includes these updates:

It has the same known issue as the monthly rollup.

As for Windows 7, which - again - is only getting updates for paying ESU customers, the monthly rollup update is KB4577051, and it can be downloaded manually here. Here's what's changed:

The only known issue is the same as for Windows 8.1. Microsoft also notes that the update will fail to install if you don't have a valid key to receive security updates beyond the original end of support date.

As for the security-only update, it's KB4577053, and it can be downloaded manually here. It contains these changes:

It has the same known issue mentioned above.

As a reminder, the quality updates are usually automatically installed through Windows Update, but you'll need to download the security-only updates manually if you want them.

• By Infernoprince
      Hi all,

I'm running windows 7 x64.

The BSOD occured after I used a program called driver hub to update my drivers. It was going well, however after attempting to download a driver (I believe it had to do with a USB driver but I can't confirm) my computer shutdown. I restarted the computer and tried to reinstall the driver, I also got a prompt to update windows so I did that as well. My computer shutdown again but this time it loaded into a BSOD.

I've tried to boot into safe mode and it starts loading drivers but then stops and shuts down. I tried to use last know good configuration but that didn't work either. I tried to load into automatic repair mode but that didn't work, and system restore doesn't work either. I do however have access to command prompt, windows memory diagnostics, and system image recovery (although it says windows cannot find a system image on this computer)

Technical Information on blue screen:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF8800194A02D, 0xFFFFF880009A9468, 0xFFFFF880009A8CD0)

*** asstahci64.sys - Address FFFFF8800194A02D base at FFFFF88001934000, Datestamp 599a919f
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Information from startup repair
      Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
      Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
      Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
      Problem Signature 03: unknown
      Problem Signature 04: 21198527
      Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
      Problem Signature 06: 11
      Problem Signature 07: 0x1000007e
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

---------------------------------------------------
      Diagnosis and repair details:
      Root cause found:
      Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 1000007e. Parameters = 0xffffffff80000003, 0xfffff8800ad8502d, 0xfffff880033dfec8, 0xfffff880033df730.

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair
      Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490
      Time taken = 136422 ms
      Session details
      System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
      Windows directory = D:\Windows
      AutoChk Run = no
      Number of root causes = 1

Ask me if you need any other information.