Android now leads the tablet market with a 56.5% share

Crap apps on all platforms. I never had a problem finding quality apps on Android. You have to dig around sometimes, but they are there. Couple years ago, it was different.

Strange, because I've never had any issue finding quality apps on Android. I have however not seen a single app on the Windows 8 store that I would find useful.

And what does windows 8 have to do with this? In any case, Netflix, comixology, numerous drawing apps, beat(spotify like service), guitar tab apps, plex, utorrent client, sash terminal, one note, imdb, Skype.

Multiple Norwegian apps, roadcams, TV guide, streaming TV, weather app, doctor locations, movie and gaming magazines.

Crap apps on all platforms. I never had a problem finding quality apps on Android. You have to dig around sometimes, but they are there. Couple years ago, it was different.

Yep. There are good and bad apps on all platforms.

And what does windows 8 have to do with this? In any case, Netflix, comixology, numerous drawing apps, beat(spotify like service), guitar tab apps, plex, utorrent client, sash terminal, one note, imdb, Skype.

Multiple Norwegian apps, roadcams, TV guide, streaming TV, weather app, doctor locations, movie and gaming magazines.

Yes, which was why I said I never found anything useful to me, I have no use for any of those things. Just trying to prove the point that this crap is all subjective rather than definitive. All I can say is a combination of Neutron MP + Voodoo sound = great audio quality with pretty cheap headphones. Something that would be impossible to do on restrictionware platforms like WP and iOS.

Something seems weird with those numbers

agreed. not having the patience to dig in the numbers but the numbers in that article appear very unlikely to me.

There is no such thing as good audio quality on cheap headphones.

if I wanted good audio quality I'd buy a set of these pro 400 or pro 500's and plug it into a decent android phone or a nokia phone. Tried the 500's from the Yamaha rep, and damn.

Yes, which was why I said I never found anything useful to me, I have no use for any of those things. Just trying to prove the point that this crap is all subjective rather than definitive. All I can say is a combination of Neutron MP + Voodoo sound = great audio quality with pretty cheap headphones. Something that would be impossible to do on restrictionware platforms like WP and iOS.

Also what apps are you interested in then.

It sounds plausible to me. Android is pretty much the only choice in the budget market, and there are a lot of budget Android tablets like the Nexus 7, Nook series, and Kindle fire series that are pretty popular.

There is no such thing as good audio quality on cheap headphones.

Pretty cheap, not cheap. Above the price of dirt cheap headphones, below the price of audiophile headphones.

Also what apps are you interested in then.

I really can't be bothered to write a list out of all the apps that I use as it is simply a waste of my time. Even if I were to find applications that were similar to those I use on Android, I'm not going to be locked into browsing with IE which I hate, and I'm not going to be locked into a platform that I can't customise to my needs. And I'm certainly not going to use any Metro product. As I said, my needs not yours.

I really can't be bothered to write a list out of all the apps that I use as it is simply a waste of my time. Even if I were to find applications that were similar to those I use on Android, I'm not going to be locked into browsing with IE which I hate, and I'm not going to be locked into a platform that I can't customise to my needs. And I'm certainly not going to use any Metro product. As I said, my needs not yours.

So basically you're saying you're not going t give examples or even general idea of what you use because most of them are in my previous list and/or I woudl be likely to find equal or better apps on WP and Windows 8.

you're basically saying you're an android fan boy and nothing will ever sway you away from it. Remember YOU where th eone who gave an argument WP and Windows 8 DIDN'T have ANY apps that interested you. yet you're not willing to prove that.

No, what I said was that I'm not obliged to justify myself to you ;) As I just explained to you the UI alone doesn't fit my needs. The UI is the biggest part of the product so the rest is all gravy really ;). The point about apps was just to make the point that the whole argument about apps is subjective based on what each individual user finds useful. Besides, I've already given you an example. Nothing like Neutron MP exists on iOS or Windows

No what you said was That these other platforms don't have good enough apps for you, and then you refused to provide any backing up of said argument.

so with that, Maybe you should bother to argue at all if your arguments and claims have nothing to back them up with.

I'd also bet in a blind test, you wouldn't hear a difference between Neutron and a Nokia Lumia, well due to the better hardware, you might find the nokia better in fact. slap on a pair of those Pro 400's and the nokia would definitely be better.

It's pretty funny that you assume that the Lumia has better hardware without even bothering to ask what phone I have but I've given you an example of something Windows phone doesn't provide me, the fact that you don't like my example is your problem not mine. The fact that Windows phone looks like complete ass is enough of a reason for me not to want to use it in itself, and as the call on what I find reasonable is mine to make and not yours, frankly I don't give a toss whether you like my explanation or not.