cannot install fedora 18 on vmware 9

hi all

this is my first post on fedora............. infact I just planned to move to fedora.........

Just downloaded fedora 18 tried installing on VMware workstation..........nothing shows up but a blue wall help me

You are not providing very much information for us to go on. A basic "it doesn't work" comment isn't a diagnostic message, method, or other helpful starting point. Try to follow the procedure detailed in this VMware KB article describing exactly how to install Fedora 16. If the installation fails using that procedure at least report where it failed. Your specific version of VMware might be helpful too.

• Like 1

what graphics card do you have?

if you are using VMware, why does that matter? the client OS wouldn't know what the host card was

You need to upgrade VMware to 9.02 to install fedora 18.

if you are using VMware, why does that matter? the client OS wouldn't know what the host card was

never noticed he said in a VM lol my bad

You are not providing very much information for us to go on. A basic "it doesn't work" comment isn't a diagnostic message, method, or other helpful starting point. Try to follow the procedure detailed in this VMware KB article describing exactly how to install Fedora 16. If the installation fails using that procedure at least report where it failed. Your specific version of VMware might be helpful too.

using vmware workstation 9

what graphics card do you have?

AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M

any ways thx all for the replies.....got my issue resolved by disabling the "accelerate 3d graphics" in vmware