Outlook App Not Working?

Hi guys,

Microsoft decided to end their support of the Hotmail app, forcing me to switch to the Outlook app. So far I have been unable to use it with my account though.

To begin with, when trying to sign in it tells me that my password is incorrect. Once I finally get it to understand that the password is correct, it asks me to set up the rest of my account. I answer the questions (how many emails should be downloaded, how long should they stay for, etc.) and select the next button. It tells me that it is validating the account, and then it sends me back to the login screen again.

The first time round I thought that was normal, I needed to sign in one more time with the settings complete. But when I signed in again, it took me back to the settings page. There doesn't seem to be any option to get around it. I went through the options again, and again it said that it was validating the account, and then it kicks me back to the login screen again!

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone think of something I can do to either: a) Get the outlook app working, or b) Get the hotmail app working again?

Just in case it has any bearing on the process, it is an @hotmail.com account.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is very frustrating for me right now.

Happened to me too, had to uninstall and reinstall.

I don't know why I didn't think of trying that in the first place, but having just uninstalled and reinstalled I'm still having the same issue. :angry:

EDIT: Actually I just went and read the reviews on the Play store...on the one hand it is good to know that I'm not alone, but on the other hand it's horrible that Microsoft have forced what is obviously a broken app upon us when the Hotmail app worked without any issues.

You probably just need to log into the Outlook.com web site to verify your new / transferred Outlook.com account and make sure that your security information is current. Until you do this, access from client applications may be restricted.

You probably just need to log into the Outlook.com web site to verify your new / transferred Outlook.com account and make sure that your security information is current. Until you do this, access from client applications may be restricted.

Thanks for the information. I've made some progress, although it's technically more of a step back. Now rather than going around in circles through various screens it just sits there at "validating account..."

Maybe it's time to move away from Hotmail and create a generic spam address with someone else.