Moderating is a thankless task

Recommended Posts

Geoffrey B.    1,414

Secretly we just sit there like the Soon cat waiting for someone to slip up and then we pounce.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeM97    205

As a moderator on another community,I can say the thread's tittle is just right.

Most of the members did take a victim attitude in front of the Staff,misjudging their decisions (e.g:me) in order to find a way to be offended.

When I'm on the other side,I can see how's it really.

So,thanks for keeping the things right,Neowin team.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
catweazel    26

The best moderators,& the one's most respected, are those that arn't ###### with power.

I once saw on the Rainmeter forum someone asking a question about a uTorrent skin.The question was duly answered but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect!

I said,who the hell do you think you are?It's none of your business what people do with their computers,least of all forum moderators.Needless to say the moderator removed their comment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cork1958    1,070
On 1/18/2016 at 1:39 PM, catweazel said:

The best moderators,& the one's most respected, are those that arn't ###### with power.

I once saw on the Rainmeter forum someone asking a question about a uTorrent skin.The question was duly answered but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect!

I said,who the hell do you think you are?It's none of your business what people do with their computers,least of all forum moderators.Needless to say the moderator removed their comment!

"but then some high handed,supercilious moderator chipped in posting to the forum member,make sure you do not download anything you shouldn't do or words to that effect"

 

Sounds like the moderator was just reminding the person not to download some unknown file and possibly infecting their machine. Hardly sounds anything at all like some supercilious person. Sounds more like some one reading to much into it as so many people like to do on the internet.

 

As topic states though, moderating is definitely a very thankless job! ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rohdekill    717

I'm just glad you're not an editor with the way that was written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wendy oltman    137

Nice image depicting the true essence of being a moderator. It surely is no easy deal dealing with countless messages and posts of all types on daily basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+JHBrown    10,555

fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+LimeMaster    14,648
On 01/09/2016 at 8:18 AM, JHBrown said:

fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

It's sticked, so it doesn't matter. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+JHBrown    10,555
4 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

It's sticked, so it doesn't matter. :)

Didn't even notice that. I just saw this thread from the Mini Spy. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+LimeMaster    14,648
4 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Didn't even notice that. I just saw this thread from the Mini Spy. :blush:

Ah well, no harm done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draconian Guppy    12,416
On 10/9/2016 at 7:02 PM, LimeMaster said:

Ah well, no harm done.

ass kisser

edit: I 

@Damien Reynolds   @whoelse 

forget :p 

On topic, Guess i should thank

@Nick H. @Marshall@skiver .. ah ffsake it broke...  @Skiver

 

@Victor Rambo  we need gifs here also ! 

 

edit: I hate the @name thingy just wont work sometimes 

Edited by Draconian Guppy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    893
17 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

ass kisser

edit: I 

@Damien Reynolds   @whoelse 

forget :p 

On topic, Guess i should thank

@Nick H. @Marshall@skiver .. ah ffsake it broke...  @Skiver

 

@Victor Rambo  we need gifs here also ! 

 

edit: I hate the @name thingy just wont work sometimes 

You need to @Cap the names, Draco.......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draconian Guppy    12,416
1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

You need to @Cap the names, Draco.......

@Mindovermaster test 1,2,3, nope

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    4,975

Wouldnt call it thankless.  I thanked a mod a few times this week already.  Does not go unnoticed and as long as it is not bad news towards MODs, then that is a good thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barney T.    2,101
17 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Wouldnt call it thankless.  I thanked a mod a few times this week already.  Does not go unnoticed and as long as it is not bad news towards MODs, then that is a good thing.

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    4,975
On 10/13/2016 at 8:29 PM, Barney T. said:

Thank you! :)

I give props when it is due.  Specially in the RWN forums lately.  Out of control.  So thanks to @Marshall and @Draggendrop...and any other MOD I missed for being responsive.  Appreciate it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Gary7    7,368

It is not thankless, everything that the Moderators do here is appreciated. It is always a hard job during an election year. Kudos to every one on the staff here!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.